Post by CrestaMan » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:59 pm

Hi,
I am just finishing a new Opencart setup on a2hosting.com and just tried to register the first customer to test the system. Filled in the registration form and checked the term and conditions box then when I clicked continue I got the following error

Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: Error: EHLO not accepted from server! in /home/unitengi/unit-engineering.co.uk/opencart/system/library/mail/smtp.php:120 Stack trace: #0 /home/unitengi/unit-engineering.co.uk/opencart/system/library/mail.php(142): Mail\Smtp->send() #1 /home/unitengi/unit-engineering.co.uk/opencart/catalog/controller/mail/register.php(44): Mail->send() #2 /home/unitengi/unit-engineering.co.uk/opencart/system/engine/action.php(79): ControllerMailRegister->index('account/custome...', Array, 5) #3 /home/unitengi/unit-engineering.co.uk/opencart/system/engine/event.php(62): Action->execute(Object(Registry), Array) #4 /home/unitengi/unit-engineering.co.uk/opencart/system/engine/loader.php(255): Event->trigger('model/account/c...', Array) #5 /home/unitengi/unit-engineering.co.uk/opencart/system/engine/proxy.php(47): Loader->{closure}(Array, Array) #6 /home/unitengi/unit-engineering.co.uk/opencart/catalog/controller/account/register.php(22): Proxy->__call('addCustomer', Array) #7 /home/unitengi/unit-engineering.co. in /home/unitengi/unit-engineering.co.uk/opencart/system/library/mail/smtp.php on line 120

If I select guest user in the checkout I can get to the next stage in the order process.

Regards
CrestaMan

Post by yodapt » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:02 pm

That can be a number of things. First, if you're not using already, I suggest you try setting up SMTP in admin. If you're using it, paste here the configuration you're using (without passwords of course).

Opencart Developer - My Extension Showcase
Contact me at aeon.yoda@gmail.com