Post by labeshops » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:59 pm

Enabling an extension and saving does not appear to work in v3.0.2.0 - for example, I tried to enable the weight based shipping extension. I clicked the green button to install it, then edited the settings, turned disable to enable and saved. Still disabled.

Also if you disable an extension that is turned on in the default installation, you cannot then re-enable it. I disabled a few things in the dashboard for example, tried to re-enable one of them and it will not do it. It stays disabled.

Yest I tried clearing mods after enabling and saving too - didn't help.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by cyclops12 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:10 am

Weird as it is working fine for me, default install on localhost

Expert Member

Post by labeshops » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:26 am

Weird is right. I can disable modules - they say they are disabled, but then if I refresh the page, they are all enabled again. If one is disabled, I can enable it and when I refresh the page, it is disabled again. I cannot seem to enable or disable any of them.

Any idea why??? It's a fresh install of 3.0.2.0 with a brand new database with just the demo data.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by labeshops » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:30 pm

Can anyone tell me what the file permissions should be on the storage folder and its folders inside? I wonder if in the move for the security thing it was saved with an incorrect permissions so my modifications are not updating correctly. Not sure what they should be though.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by labeshops » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:48 pm

I am also seeing in my ocmod.log error file this:

Code: Select all

2017-07-27 0:22:40 - MOD: Modification Default

FILE: system/engine/action.php
REGEX: ~(require|include)(_once)?\(([^)]+)~
LINE: 69

FILE: system/engine/loader.php
LINE: 77
LINE: 151
LINE: 168

FILE: system/library/config.php
LINE: 59

FILE: system/library/language.php
LINE: 67
LINE: 73

FILE: system/library/template/template.php
LINE: 18

FILE: system/library/template/twig.php
CODE: $loader = new \Twig_Loader_Filesystem(DIR_TEMPLATE);
LINE: 19
In every case (except the last one), the line referred to is:

Code: Select all

include_once($file);
			or

require($file);
Seems like whatever the $file variable is supposed to be is not being defined properly? So I am thinking my modification system is not loading for some reason??

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by cyclops12 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:20 am

In my default install i dont have ocmod.log file
Are you sure this is a completely fresh install with a clean seperate database?

Expert Member

Post by Fenris1967 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:30 am

I have the same problem with the shop of a friend and no clue how to solve that.
The strange thing is that the settings are saved in the database table oc_setting but for some reason not used.
My guess was that this is some sort of caching issue and that the settings are also stored somewhere else (Guess nobody knows where :-\ )
I tried to turn off the cache and deleting the cache in the storage directory but thats was not of great help.

Can you check if in your case the settings are correct saved in the database and give me some feedback - must be possible to pinpoint the
problem down.

Post by straightlight » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:19 am

I did noticed an odd behavior regarding the registered session data showing a persistent successful message whenever an extension status is changed as the jQuery does not seem to properly refresh the extensions frame properly, still, in version 3.0.2.0 release. However, when logging out of the admin interface, and going back in the extensions page, the extensions status are now properly shown with successful changes. This issue should be addressed as an official bug since the changes are properly made but there is no way to see the proper changes real-time unless the registered session data is cleared when either logging out or by the browser.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Ozfarmer » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:34 pm

Same issue with extensions not enabling and no modifications in the modification list showing with a new install last week, bug has not been fixed?

Location - Australia

Post by straightlight » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:04 pm

Ensure to apply the bug fixes from either the Bug Reports section of the forum or from Github. I have posted several ones of them since the past month.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Leutzu » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:56 pm

After spending the last couple of hours looking for straightlight fixes on the forum and github, I came across this.

viewtopic.php?t=210082

I haven't tested yet, but if it is what is says it is, then it should fix this issue (and a few others).
@straightlight: you need a webpage of your own with opencart bug fixes ;D