Post by tomross » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:35 am

Hey guys,

I currently have a dilemma because a client of mine wants me to switch his website (gold-flyer.com/castle-clash-hack-2018-unlimited-gems/) from wordpress to opencart. At the moment his site doesn't actually sell anything but he is going to start selling.

Not quite sure on what the advantages are with using opencart

Post by OSWorX » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:51 pm

Not sure which kind of information you want to get.
Seems to me more to promote a site offering illegal content.
And if you - or your client - want to open a webshop, OpenCart is the right thing for it.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by cosmicx » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:14 am

Looking at "WooCommerce to OpenCart" angle, I'd say it's a good decision. Regardless of the purpose you got there, OpenCart is the way to go, especially when comparing to WooCommerce. OpenCart is built for eCommerce, it has built-in tools for ecommerce management. Most of all, it's fast to setup and performs well.

I tried Magento, damn it's so slow and you need extra powered VPS just to run a demo instance. OpenCart is fast, whether on localhost LAMP or Shared Hosting.

I tried WooCommerce too, and I feel like I'm posting a blog post while stitching a product details to it. I hated that.

OpenCart is the way to go - at least for me.

Post by johnp » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:11 pm

I would also add Opencart is the way to go. I've used WP and Woo and IMO Woo is ok if your site or blog also happens to sell a few items. For dedicated selling and marketing Opencart is my first choice.

I have also used Magento and wouldn't ever go back there. Life's too short. Lol. :)

Opencart 1.5.6.5/OC Bootstrap Pro/VQMOD lover, user and geek.
Affordable Service £££ - Opencart Installs, Fixing, Development and Upgrades
Plus Ecommerce, Marketing, Mailing List Management and More
FREE Guidance and Advice at https://www.ecommerce-help.co.uk

Location - Surrey, UK

Post by marianoitaliano » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:30 am

I also used WooCommerce for some time and it's really hard to get used to its interface. Adding products isn't quick nor intuitive. Plus not too many customization options. So if you would like to have fast and clean shop then OpenCart is surely a better solution.

Post by IP_CAM » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:21 am

Well, just take care, since real OC Life might not be quite as easy, as
it may look, after reading the above. Expecially, if you select a Version,
not yet quite ready for Beginners. So, better check around here first,
to avoid frustration, by accidentally selecting one of the latest Beta
Versions, and then end up here again, searching for rare free help,
if you don't get anywhere.
Good Luck!
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by hypemedia » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:21 pm

Before changing to Opencart, asset all the features that you have and need in the future for the shop. Opencart out of the box does not have variations, SEO is not that great and many other features that can be fixed with plugins but is not always that simple. If you want to customise something is not as simple as with hooks like in wordpress, it is a mix system between vqmod/ocmod and events but is not really there yet I needs much improvement. On the other hand Opencart it has a fast admin compared to woocommerce and can be quite scalable. If you have under 100.000 products you can stay without problems on woocomerce the plugin system environment is huge there and also a lot more healthy than the one on Opencart. You will find little technical documentation for Opencart as developer it will be more trial and error and you will need time to understand the framework.

Post by sixpayne » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:46 am

Personally think that wp (woocommerce) is simply a disaster, such as multi-language, multi-currency is its weakness, for the mall is oc is the lightest, WP and OC are both CMS but the latter is more suitable for the mall. O0

Post by alvinarichard » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:13 pm

@ cosmicx
"Looking at "WooCommerce to OpenCart" angle, I'd say it's a good decision. Regardless of the purpose you got there, OpenCart is the way to go, especially when comparing to WooCommerce. OpenCart is built for eCommerce, it has built-in tools for ecommerce management. Most of all, it's fast to setup and performs well.

I tried Magento, damn it's so slow and you need extra powered VPS just to run a demo instance. OpenCart is fast, whether on localhost LAMP or Shared Hosting.

I tried WooCommerce too, and I feel like I'm posting a blog post while stitching a product details to it. I hated that.

OpenCart is the way to go - at least for me."

I am having a WooCommerce store and I am using cloud WooCommerce hosting but now I want to migrate all of my store to opencart but I am not sure whether it works or not? Any expert can guide me how to migrate my store to OpenCart or anyone can do this as I am not a technical person to manage it all myself.
Last edited by alvinarichard on Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by cedcommerceteam » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:17 pm

Hello Mate,
I think the decision to swtich from woocommerce to opencart is correct.
Opencart is far most the best platform one cloud have...
If you want to migrate from woocommerce to opencart we can help you out. Please visit us @ Opencart Services.
We are the Officail Partners of Opencart and offer services such as Migration, Up-gradation, selling on various marketplace, mobile app development and much more .
Please contact us for more.

Call us at : (+91) -8765210318 , Skype: live:carlmorgan.cedcommerce , Email: support@cedcommerce.com
CedCommerece : Officail Opencart Partners
CedCommerce Official : www.cedcommerce.com
Opencart Services : www.cedcommerce/opencart-services.com
Sell On various Marketplace Integration : Opencart-Extensions
Magenative Mobile App/IOS Development : magenative.com
Webinar : Power up Your holiday season marketing with the Automation tool