Post by bibblyb » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:04 am

I've just moved a site from a development area to a new server where it will shortly be going live.

It's all worked fine except for one odd litte error, when I go into the Dashboard I get an error message appearing across the top of the Dashboard, the Dashboard does come up and seems to be fully functional, the only problem is with the drop down menus items that have sub-menu items attached display oddly when you hover over them, although they are still fully usable.

The error message is this:

Warning: fopen(/home/mysite/public_html/download/test) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mysite/public_html/admin/controller/common/home.php on line 99Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/mysitel/public_html/admin/controller/common/home.php on line 103Warning: sprintf() [function.sprintf]: Too few arguments in /home/mysite/public_html/admin/controller/common/home.php on line 106

I'm using Opencart 1.5.3.1 - This isn't a clean install as I'd done tweaks and adjustments to various templates to get the look I wanted.

Hopefully this isn't something too stupidly obvious that I'm overlooking, and it doesn't seem to be something that will cause the site to explode, but would like to get it sorted out!

Cheers for any help you can provide.

Rhys
Last edited by bibblyb on Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by MrTech » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:39 am

Are the paths in your config.php file correct after doing the transfer to live? The file is in your root folder.

~
Install Extensions OR OpenCart Fast Service! PayPal Accepted
I will professionally install and configure any free or purchased theme, module or extension.

Visit http://www.mrtech.ca if you need an OpenCart webmaster
~

Location - Canada, Eh!

Post by bibblyb » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:16 am

Really sorry about long reply, hadn't noticed that this had been replied to!

I think everything is set right in my config.php file. I'm not sure what this download/test stuff is about in the first part of the error message, I don't have a directory called 'download' in my public_html.

Sorry again about slow response, will keep a closer eye to make sure it doesn't happen again, and thanks for any help you can provide!

Cheers,

Rhys

Post by rph » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:26 am

Check that DIR_DOWNLOAD has the correct path in your config files (admin and storefront) and that the permissions are correct.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by bibblyb » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:09 am

Ahh excellent, worked it out now you got me looking at that. Realised that in moving stuff around must have accidentally dropped the download folder in another folder so the path was incorrect, moved it into the root directly and sorted!

Sorry about my stupidity, still new to all this. :P

Thanks so much for your help!

Rhys

Post by MrTech » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:24 am

Happy to hear you got it sorted out, thanks for coming back to post the solution.
Consider editing your post title and adding [SOLVED] so others can easily find it in search...

~
Install Extensions OR OpenCart Fast Service! PayPal Accepted
I will professionally install and configure any free or purchased theme, module or extension.

Visit http://www.mrtech.ca if you need an OpenCart webmaster
~

Location - Canada, Eh!