Post by Saudi Bee » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:04 pm

Greetings
thanks for inventing this wonderful cart. I enjoyed working and discovering its features. One of the tabs which I did not understand is Sales>Order >here, we 2 tabs with the same information . Look at payment fields

First Name:
Last Name:
Address 1:
City:
Postcode:
Region / State:
Region / State Code:
Payment Method:

Only one information is related to payment which is "Payment Method". The rest is related to location, which are shipping information
Look at shipping details

First Name:
Last Name:
Address 1:
City:
Postcode:
Region / State:
Region / State Code:
Shipping Method:
--
I think that this is a repetition of the same info with out real need. I think the tabs will be more meaningful and useful it they are containing more details regarding each purpose. Like the payment or shipping time, status , amount and so on.
More over, what do I have to do with payment information like
"First Name ,Last Name" > already written in the general order details
"Address 1,City ,Postcode,Region / State,Region / State Code,Country" > This is third party business unless the payment processing is going to be done in the site and in this case, there must be a special extension that request this information because not all admins need this information by default. Logically, they are shipping information. If this details were replaced by payment details like, time of payment amount and payment status, amount payed, payment processor. MTC Number, and so on I think it will be great and more useful.

Please forgive my little knowledge , but I only suggest and discuss , you probably have any better ideas.

Regards

Post by i2Paq » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:37 pm

Shipping address and Payment address could be different, that is why.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands