Post by pepperpower » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:12 pm

Hello guys,

I have an issue that i cant really apply this to.

Based in the highlands my company saves people in the highlands money on their postage costs.

The local courier will post to a select amount of highlands POSTCODES so i need to be able to set a Delivery cost by Postcode

Not my regions such as moray, aberdeen, highlands. as not the whole of moray, aberdeen etc is covered.

Any modules or workarounds that UK opencart users are using to help them with this??

Post by Qphoria » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:18 pm

pepperpower wrote:Hello guys,

Based in the highlands my company saves people in the highlands money on their postage costs.

The local courier will post to a select amount of highlands POSTCODES so i need to be able to set a Delivery cost by Postcode

Not my regions such as moray, aberdeen, highlands. as not the whole of moray, aberdeen etc is covered.

Any modules or workarounds that UK opencart users are using to help them with this??
Yes. The zone plus module utilizes geozones but also allows you to filter based on postcode and more
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... ion_id=436
I get a lot of requests about filtering the highlands separately and zone plus is always the solution for them.

Administrator

Post by pepperpower » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:55 pm

Qphoria wrote:
pepperpower wrote:Hello guys,

Yes. The zone plus module utilizes geozones but also allows you to filter based on postcode and more
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... ion_id=436
I get a lot of requests about filtering the highlands separately and zone plus is always the solution for them.
Fantastic thanks. Purchased and will play with this afternoon!

Post by pepperpower » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:10 pm

Qphoria.

Any chance we can chat about how to use my postcode filtering please?

PM or e-mail or phone best ?

Post by pepperpower » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:09 pm

After playing with the extension most of the day think I have nailed it.

Is there a way to change the extension name? so that at check out instead of showing "Zone Shipping" then underneath showing the different types?

I would liek to to have my couriers name.

Post by Qphoria » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:14 pm

pepperpower wrote:After playing with the extension most of the day think I have nailed it.

Is there a way to change the extension name? so that at check out instead of showing "Zone Shipping" then underneath showing the different types?

I would liek to to have my couriers name.
catalog/language/english/shipping/zone_plus.php

Administrator

Post by bikermunda » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:31 am

This shipping and taxes is the most difficult part for me to be honest

Post by urgirlamy » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:58 am

Someone else 'set up' my website & for the last year...I've been figuring it out as I go along. I've got the API code in to set up UPS shipping by weight. It's throwing me this error: 110546: lbs. is not a valid unit of measurement for weight for this shipment.
& I'm reading about setting up 'geo zones' ... I only show UK shipping & UK Vat zone...What is that?

Post by thisisworldwide » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:59 am

do you have this mod for 1.4.9.6

Post by TrapWorks » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:38 am

Hi all, I am new to the forum and joined to see if I can get some help with setting up Geozones for international shipping.

My default shipping is to the UK and I would like to set up shipping to about 5 other zones. I use weight based shipping.

When I try to set up a new Geozone (for eg the USA), I create the zone and when I click to add a new geozone the 'all zones' disappears. I click save and my screen is filled with the php code from the index page...

All countries and zones are enabled.

I have discovered this error if it makes sense to anyone?

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; OfficeLiveConnector.1.3; OfficeLivePatch.0.0; .NET4.0C)
Timestamp: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 03:42:14 UTC

Line: 12
Char: 3
Code: 0
URI: http://www.trapworks.co.uk/media/mod_ad ... otlight.js

Line: 473
Char: 25
Code: 0
URI: http://www.trapworks.co.uk/media/system ... ls-core.js

I am not a programmer or web designer so I am lost. Is this a bug with my template? Did anyone else have this problem and although I have followed the instructions in this thread to the letter I still cannot set up shipping outside the UK.

Any help truly appreciated.

TW

Post by zill786 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:46 pm

Hi all,

My OC version:v1.5.1.3

I have tried everything that I know of but cannot get the Region/state boxes to show up on my website when the SSL is enabled. Also the region/state doesnt show up on the admin either when the SSL is enabled. Whats going on here?

The SSL is from 123-reg, they are no use to me as they told me to ask OC to help.

When the SSL is enabled in the opencart admin settings the website doesn't show the drop down selection box for the region / zone on Create an account.

When the SSL is disabled on opencart (admin settings); the admin and website (create an account) show the regional drop down boxes.

Please someone point me in the right direction and give me instructions on what to change

Thanks
zill786

Post by Bg-foxx » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:38 am

I have a question about State Tax.

I've set up MyState GeoZone and tax class and rate. In order for the system to charge this rate based on shipping address I have to go into Products-->Data and edit the "Tax Class" field to show "MyState Tax 7%". By default I now have "Taxable Goods", which came with the OpenCart installation.

My questions is: How can I edit all products at once to show "MyState Tax 7%" in the Tax Class field? I have 120 products and it will take a while to edit them one by one.

Any comments or information would be greatly appreciated.

Post by Goncharenko » Thu May 17, 2012 5:02 pm

Is there any way to transfer Geo zones that I've set up for one website can be easily transferred to another?

Post by OnNets » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:31 pm

Hi,

I have a question. Is there anyway for the Geo Zone in checkout shipping estimator and checkout shipping method to show in geo zone description and not geo zone name?

Which file should I modify and what should I add?

Thanks in advance.

Post by Qphoria » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:17 am

OnNets wrote:Hi,

I have a question. Is there anyway for the Geo Zone in checkout shipping estimator and checkout shipping method to show in geo zone description and not geo zone name?

Which file should I modify and what should I add?

Thanks in advance.
This comes down to the individual geozone based shipping extensions.

For example.
1. EDIT: catalog/model/shipping/weight.php

2. FIND:

Code: Select all

$result['name']
3. REPLACE WITH:

Code: Select all

$result['description']

Administrator

Post by Fatbat » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:17 am

Countries within GeoZones aren't sorted alphabetically and there's no way to sort the column alphabetically so instead they just appear in some random order.

This is a friggin' nightmare to try to sort out everything other than the UK and European shipping zones... ie. The Rest of the World. Try manually entering all the remaining countries in the rest of the world list if you can't actually see them in an alphabetical list to compare repeats and whatnot. I'm having fits.

Post by lowlands » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:08 pm

I run still run an OC 1.3.4 shop where it works perfectly but in a recent OC 1.5.1.3 installation I can't get it to work.

The poblem. I priced a product at € 1. I applied local taxation of 19% to it (Geozone NL and BE - Tax 19% for that Geozone). The shop is based in NL.

Q wrote:
When customers create an account, he chooses what zone and country he is from. If that zone & country match up with the same zones and countries within a specific GeoZone, it will apply the tax to the product during checkout. (Or immediately if Display Prices with Tax = True).

So I choose "Display Prices with Tax" true. In the shop it now says that the product is € 1 and the price without tax is ... € 1. It should say that the price is € 1,19 and the price without tax is € 1.

When I choose "Display Prices with Tax" not true, the only difference is that the statement about the price without tax is gone.

What am I doing wrong here?

My OC-shop: http://www.Soldeerpunt.nl

Post by JoNails » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:56 am

I want to do a Free Shipping for two different GeoZones. I went to Extensions -->Shipping--> Free Shipping, and I can only choose One Geozone for Free Shipping. I want another option for a different GeoZone. Can anyone help me with this?

Post by Johnathan » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:56 pm

There's no way to use multiple geo zones in the built-in Free Shipping method. Try Multi Flat Rate Shipping.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by JoNails » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:08 am

@ Jonathan:

Thank you for the website. http://www.getclearthinking.com/free-shipping-plus. But I think this would be better in my case. Thank you for the help.