Post by Qphoria » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:06 pm

yes. use 2
Either flat rate for expedited and free shipping
or
Weight based with a geozone named "Expedited". You can even have one for different areas, and still have the freeshipping

any combination of shipping modules will work together

Administrator

Post by deeve » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:13 pm

Thanks Q, but I think my scenario is a little more intricate:

I need to offer 2 flat rates of £4.75 & £6.75 for all items up to £49.99
Over that it becomes free shipping or £2.00 for 24hr delivery.

I also mentioned in a separate thread; I'm having trouble getting the Free Shipping mod to kick in @£50 as the Sub-Total in Basket view appears to be without VAT, yet the Right Nav basket shows items inclusive of VAT as does the final Checkout view.

Is there a way to have the Free Shipping mod check for Sub-Total inclusive of VAT within the Basket view?

Thanks in advance as always..

Post by Qphoria » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:43 pm

deeve wrote:Thanks Q, but I think my scenario is a little more intricate:

I need to offer 2 flat rates of £4.75 & £6.75 for all items up to £49.99
Over that it becomes free shipping or £2.00 for 24hr delivery.
How I explained it is exactly what you need
You make 2 geozones
Normal Delivery, 24hr Delivery

In the Weight based module set
Normal Delivery- 999999:4.75
24hr Delivery- 999999:6.75

Then set the Free Shipping module above 50 before it kicks in.

I also mentioned in a separate thread; I'm having trouble getting the Free Shipping mod to kick in @£50 as the Sub-Total in Basket view appears to be without VAT, yet the Right Nav basket shows items inclusive of VAT as does the final Checkout view.

Is there a way to have the Free Shipping mod check for Sub-Total inclusive of VAT within the Basket view?

Thanks in advance as always..
That would need to be modded in. Basically the free ship module calls:
$this->cart->getSubTotal()
If you want taxes to be part of that calculation, then you would need to add the subtotal result plus loop through the array returned by
$this->cart->getTaxes()

Administrator

Post by espc » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:08 am

why all my prices changed to 100$??
I followed every step correctly!

ps:if sub-total is set to another amount, it works the same?

God, give me courage to do what I can,
humility to admit what I can't,
and wisdom to know the difference.

Opencart mods (search suggestions and so on):
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?p=71588#p71588" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Post by davidemanuel » Wed May 26, 2010 5:53 pm

Hy,

I have folowed your instructiions and copied the code, but it passes over the shipping method.

What I want to say is that the customer will see that Free Shipping is checked autamotically when it i s above the sum I have given.

I think that I need to check that in the shipping template file but i don't know how.

Please can you help me?

Thank you,

David

Post by deeve » Wed May 26, 2010 9:09 pm

Hi Q,

I followed your suggestion of setting up 2 Weight-based Geo Zones as my Flat rates & set the Free Shipping Mod to kick in after £50 [interestingly it only works if set to 42.55]. Maybe my UK VAT Zone which is set @17.5% has something to do with this?

Either way, I was wondering what I would have to do to have an additional 'Expedited' option of £2.00 also appear when the Free Shipping Mod is visible?

Many thanks for any advise.

Post by k2tec » Wed May 26, 2010 9:30 pm

deeve wrote:Hi Q,

I followed your suggestion of setting up 2 Weight-based Geo Zones as my Flat rates & set the Free Shipping Mod to kick in after £50 [interestingly it only works if set to 42.55]. Maybe my UK VAT Zone which is set @17.5% has something to do with this?
look ad your shipping setting taxclass : taxable goods or none.
Either way, I was wondering what I would have to do to have an additional 'Expedited' option of £2.00 also appear when the Free Shipping Mod is visible?

Many thanks for any advise.
look previous posts

Post by Qphoria » Wed May 26, 2010 9:31 pm

just make another geozone for the same countries and call it "Expedited"

Administrator

Post by deeve » Wed May 26, 2010 9:51 pm

Hi Q,

many thanks for your time. I already have a regular Expedited Geo Zone & after having applied the mod in this thread to weight.php instead, I am able to hide these when Free Shipping is available. If I were to set up another Geo Zone for Expedited Free Shipping, would this not also be hidden?

I was thinking along the lines of having to hard code this additional option into free.php?

Post by OC2PS » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:06 am

nemmon wrote:if a customer orders more than $100.00 in products, I want to give them free shipping, if they order 99.99 they get charged a set fee.
Of course, this has already been discussed in detail.

Now, with a twist:

Code: Select all

if a customer orders more than $100.00 in products, I want to give them free shipping. If they have products worth $99.99 in cart, then on cart page, they see a message "$0.01 more required for free shipping"

OC2PS
OC 3.0.3.7, vQmod 2.6.2, Journal3 theme
Arcfesték, Csillámtetoválás, Henna
Check out: All my extensions | My FREE extensions

Location - Hungary

Post by helenkanta » Thu May 19, 2011 12:07 pm

Hi There,

This is a slight delayed response, but found this as i was trying to resolve some of my own shipping issues.

I had a similar issue to k2tec, and followed instructions given by Qphoria (as outlined below):
Then you need to change add some code to flat rate module that hides the flat rate option

1. EDIT: catalog/model/payment/flat.php

2. FIND:

if ($status) {

3. BEFORE, ADD:

if ($this->cart->getSubtotal() > 100.00) {
$status = false;
}
Only difference, i used this for my courier module (Fastway), so that "free shipping" appears only when purchases are over $200, and therefore the courier option will no longer appear. Worked wonderfully.

BUT, now I have specified a zone for where the "free shipping" applies. With the amendment i made above, it isn't working right, as no matter what zone the order is to be shipped to, if it's over $200 the courier option doesn't appear anymore. So in other words, how can i make it so:
  • - If a purchase is under $200, a courier option always appears
    - If a purchase is over $200, and is within the "free shipping" zone, courier option disappears and "FREE SHIPPING" option appears
    - If a purchase is over $200, and is NOT within the "free shipping" zone, courier option appears.
Please note, i am also using "PICK-UP FROM STORE", and this must be available at all times (currently working fine).

This is so close, just need the missing piece. Your help is always appreciated.

Post by palynch » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:43 am

I would like to make the FREE SHIPPING cease being FREE when the total order is over a certain weight. I have the FREE SHIPPING set to $400 or more to get FREE SHIPPING. BUT i need the FREE SHIPPING to NOT SHOW UP when the weight is over a total of 35lbs. I also use UPS and USPS for shipping and don't use weight based shipping. Is there anything to add to the FREE shipping module that can control the total order weight.

Post by Johnathan » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:51 pm

I have a Free Shipping Plus extension that includes a weight restriction field. You can take a look at it here:
http://www.getclearthinking.com/store/f ... pping-plus

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by rldev » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:08 am

I want to have 2 flat shipping rates for one geo zone and a free shipping option based on Subtotal.
When Free Shipping is invoked, flat rate #1, should not be visible. Free shipping and Flat Rate #2 should be visible. Is there a module to do this?

Post by Johnathan » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:35 am

You can set up $0.00 costs (i.e. free shipping) and your total-based flat rates (all restricted by geo zone) using Total-Based Shipping.

Administrator

Post by rldev » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:08 am

Awesome.

Post by paullynn » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:56 pm

k2tec - thanks for the solution. It also works for me using the Multi-Flat rate shipping extension. I just posted the code before the: if(!$flat['status']) and it works fine.

Post by ICTaanbieding » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:56 pm

sollution of k2tec still works!

Post by gegrute » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:27 pm

Hi, jumping on a very old post - please can anyone help. I am offering free shipping over a certain amount spent but the amount spent differs depending on which geo zone my customer is in. For example mainland UK - free shipping over £250 but N Ireland free shipping is over £300. Is it possible to set this up or would i need a mod for this.

Many thanks for any help.

Post by Johnathan » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:14 pm

You'd need to get an extension for that. The built-in Free Shipping does not have multiple geo zone + total requirements, you can only do a single geo zone.

As I mentioned previously in this thread, Total-Based Shipping can do what you're looking for.

Administrator