Post by zollgut » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:33 pm

I have an issue with a website that is running OpenCart 1.4.8

The order gets processed successfully AND gets recorded in the back office BUT the stock is not reduced accordingly. After a few orders we noticed that the stock was not being subtracted as items which sold out still had their initial stock level.

Can anyone help me or offer guidance as to how I can fix it please? To give you some information on the setup the options in the back office are as follows:

In the settings area (Settings -> Option) the stock status is set to 'Out of Stock'. (the other options are 2-3 days, in stock, pre-order). I assume this means what happens if there is no stock for that item.

In the product data tab the 'Subtract Stock' option is set to 'Yes'.

Does anyone know if I have missed any settings for stock to automatically update? Or if the problem may lie elsewhere?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Post by Skybound » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:58 pm

An old topic, but took me a while to find an answer.

It appears one must use the Product Option tab and configure at least 1 option for that product in order for the quantity to update correctly. So even if you are selling a generic widget - one needs to at least add a colour (or size or whatever) to the Product Option tab. So a customer must then order 1 widget - option brown - even if brown may be the only colour you will ever sell.