Post by forevairy » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:34 am

I am currently using OpenCart Version 1.4.7

I have my website payments set up with PAYPAL PRO so i can accept Credit Cards and the customer always stays on my website and isn't directed back to Paypal.

I have a problem where the customer makes a purchase and enters the shipping information and finalizes the transaction and the Shipping Address IS NOT sent back to Paypal. Because of this I am not protected under Seller Protection.

I just had a customer from 3 months ago report My company to her credit Card company saying that she did not authorize a payment. She really did thou. She made an order directly on my website using her Credit Card.

I only ship to Correctional Facilities and she put in an Inmates Name, DIN number and Correctional Facility Shipping address for the shipping section. The products purchased were shipped to the correct person. (same inmate ordered 3 times after this) I have the tracking number from the package along with the original information the customer entered (Name, Address, Phone Number, Email, etc) Paypal took the money back from my account and opened a case against me. I showed them screen shots from Open Cart of the purchase along with the tracking number showing the package was shipped and i was still Denied. They took the money from my account and gave it back to the customer who lied about the whole situation. I basically got robbed for my products and shipping costs.

Paypal told me that OPEN CART is not communicating with my PayPal Accout and does not send the SHIPPING ADDRESS back to Paypal. They are saying they can not match up the shipping address with any tracking information because of this. They don't care about the shipping information entered on OpenCart from original purchase. They need the information sent to paypal right away.

So my question is, How do i set up OpenCart to communicate with my PayPal account sending the shipping information the customer enters back to them? They also asked for the customers IP address. How would I tell them the customers IP address too? They told me these are preferences in my shopping cart but i can't find it anywhere or find anyone else with this same problem.

Thanks and I really hope someone can help me so I don't get robbed from my products again.

Post by Avvici » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:47 pm

Solution to your problem is:

Open: /catalog/controller/payment/pp_pro.php and find this line:

Code: Select all

'ZIP'            => $order_info['payment_postcode'],
Below it let's add the pay pal pro shipping values:

Code: Select all

'SHIPTONAME'      => $order_info['shipping_firstname'],
			'SHIPTOSTREET'       => $order_info['shipping_address_1'],
			'SHIPTOCITY'         => $order_info['shipping_city'],
			'SHIPTOSTATE'           => ($order_info['shipping_iso_code_2'] != 'US') ? $order_info['shipping_zone'] : $order_info['shipping_zone_code'],
			'SHIPTOZIP'          => $order_info['shipping_postcode'],
			'SHIPTOCOUNTRY'            => $order_info['shipping_iso_code_2'],
That will send all Open Cart Customer Shipping info to Pay Pal. And dude, don't you think it's time for an upgrade>? :laugh:

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by forevairy » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:11 am

Thank you very much!! Really appreciate it! Bout to try that in a few. I'm scared to upgrade. I don't want anything on my website to get messed up. I didn't design the site and the designer doesn't help me at all with it anymore. I google a few things here and there and make some minor changes. But if a drastic change was made i wouldn't know how to fix it. I'm not to good wit the Technical stuff.

Post by forevairy » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:06 am

Thanks again I was able to get the code in and got it working with paypal. I also figured out how to add the second line for the address 2 section. However I'm having trouble figuring out how to put the Code for the Customers "LAST NAME" What line do i need to add to make the last name also go to the shipping section of paypal? I tried some different variations but can't seem to figure it out.