Post by willows » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:00 pm

We are using Amazon instance and seeing incredible performance. Setup not for the non-technical but in terms of price and performance absolutely tops. You can get companies to setup amazon hosting and monitor it for you if you want to benefit from the best there is out there.

ecommerce web design and opencart experts.

Available for hire for maintenance, installs, hacks, SEO disasters, and integrations with epos, logistics and accounts systems.

Location - Dublin Ireland

Post by seanie86 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:30 am

I use hostnine. I have tried many, and by far these guys do a great job, great support, great prices, features and functionality.

Post by jfouracre » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:50 am

Hi all,

Been reading the forums for advise, i used 1and1 to setup my shop, however I read a few reviews and I know what a nightmare they can be so I have moved to heartinternet as based in the UK. I must say it seems a lot harder to setup on their services, their installer is the version before :(

Post by nivar » Sat May 10, 2014 11:16 pm

willows wrote:We are using Amazon instance and seeing incredible performance. Setup not for the non-technical but in terms of price and performance absolutely tops. You can get companies to setup amazon hosting and monitor it for you if you want to benefit from the best there is out there.
can you elaborate on this point? I am looking into switching to reliable hosting.

Post by STN » Fri May 23, 2014 8:08 pm

I was with arvixe, pretty happy for months actually but then i don't know what happened the server i was on always had downtimes. Their support said it was a server stability issue or something and eventually suggested i should upgrade to a VPS or dedi (was on shared at the time). It was so damn annoying because it was not even proper downtime but 500 errors about resources exahausted and it happened several times a day randomly.

I decided to move to another host because i knew shared hosting was not a problem (was on their most expensive shared hosting package), a friend already was with hostgator and was okay with hosting me to try out their services (had heard so many terrible reviews about hostgator that they were never my first or even last choice) and to my surprise there hasn't been a single downtime, i don't want to jinx it but i am just amazed with how quick their service is. The hosting is shared as well (business class) and my friend's site gets about 800-1000 visitors/day, my site gets upto 10k at peak times and 4k/day, Back with arvixe, i was barely getting 1000 visitors and they said i needed to upgrade.

So i can highly recommend hostgator. Maybe it is just bad luck or i don't know why but arvixe was really good for a few months for me then went downhill and just outright terrible. I am glad i didn't buy a full year's hosting because whenever i would release a new product (traffic would get at its peak) the site would pop up those 500 errors and i would lose so many visitors, not to mention the terrible Google WMT error messages.

I think arvixe got terrible after they got popular, when their traffic got better (i checked their alexa) that was the time their service start to suck for me because they probably put a lot of users on the shared server i was on.

Game Trainers

STN

Post by mreuro666 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:07 am

Im about to start my website, so hostgator is the way to go. Im looking at starting with their basic plan and then see how it goes from there, I have a couple of questions; What is their support like, has anyone had any issues with their service ie 500's, errors, poor load times etc.., any issues with with hostgator in terms of them shutting down the website.

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:32 pm

mreuro666 wrote:Im about to start my website, so hostgator is the way to go. Im looking at starting with their basic plan and then see how it goes from there, I have a couple of questions; What is their support like, has anyone had any issues with their service ie 500's, errors, poor load times etc.., any issues with with hostgator in terms of them shutting down the website.
Hostgator support is well below standards now, a simple support ticket takes 1 to 2 days to be dealt with. To be honest, Hostgator is not anymore what it used to be, it has really gone downhill over the past 12 months or so. I would not recommend this webhost anymore.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Multilingual SEO * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Download Options * Free Download Buttons * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig

Expert Member

Post by mreuro666 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:36 pm

Who would you recommend for reliable web hosting

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:40 pm

mreuro666 wrote:Who would you recommend for reliable web hosting
Good question, I don't know yet, because I am looking for another host myself, having had all these troubles with Hostgator recently.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Multilingual SEO * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Download Options * Free Download Buttons * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig

Expert Member

Post by rph » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:28 am

I've been moving sites over to Knownhost. It's worked out well so far.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Expert Member

Post by rph » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:54 am

I wouldn't trust a list that has Bluehost in the number one spot. They're part of the same company that owns Hostgator. It has the same support staff and the same outages.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by VictorDrummond » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:40 am

rph wrote:I've been moving sites over to Knownhost. It's worked out well so far.
That's where I've moved to as well... Great performing affordable VPS with light-speed support. So far couldn't ask for more.
Last edited by VictorDrummond on Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hosting for Oc 2.x: Well tested on 2.03.1 including emails work correctly, cPanel Shared or WHM VPS, managed security, fast & reliable SSD drives, Raid 10 /4 disk redundancy, server locale - Texas, contact me to discuss further.

Location - On the balcony slammin' Margaritas

Post by VictorDrummond » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:45 am

JNeuhoff wrote:... Maybe I'll take a closer look at siteground.
Just moved from them ... great support, but closely read the fine print about package pricing (some package prices double after the first year), VPS a little tooo costly compared to some others...

Hosting for Oc 2.x: Well tested on 2.03.1 including emails work correctly, cPanel Shared or WHM VPS, managed security, fast & reliable SSD drives, Raid 10 /4 disk redundancy, server locale - Texas, contact me to discuss further.

Location - On the balcony slammin' Margaritas

Post by Alex - A2Hosting » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:35 pm

@STN - I am sorry to hear you were not satisfied with our hosting services. Feel free to reach out to me (email in my signature) should you decide to leave your current host and I'll make sure to find the best solution for you.

If anyone else is interesting in our hosting services we are running a free 30 day demo trial on a free Arvixe sub-domain. Details can be found here: http://www.arvixe.com/opencart_demo

Alex - alex@a2hosting.com

Post by nongtinh10 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:06 pm

I use Knownhost.com their servers are lightning fast, and support is 24/7 with 30-1hr response times on emails. They even did my entire PCI-DSS certification free of charge. They also tuned my entire dedicated server specifically for opencart

công ty môi trường | dịch vụ seo | học kế toán thực hành | học kế toán tổng hợp | quan ao tre em | làm bằng đại học

Post by Avvici » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:43 pm

STN wrote:I was with arvixe, pretty happy for months actually but then i don't know what happened the server i was on always had downtimes. Their support said it was a server stability issue or something and eventually suggested i should upgrade to a VPS or dedi (was on shared at the time). It was so damn annoying because it was not even proper downtime but 500 errors about resources exahausted and it happened several times a day randomly.

I decided to move to another host because i knew shared hosting was not a problem (was on their most expensive shared hosting package), a friend already was with hostgator and was okay with hosting me to try out their services (had heard so many terrible reviews about hostgator that they were never my first or even last choice) and to my surprise there hasn't been a single downtime, i don't want to jinx it but i am just amazed with how quick their service is. The hosting is shared as well (business class) and my friend's site gets about 800-1000 visitors/day, my site gets upto 10k at peak times and 4k/day, Back with arvixe, i was barely getting 1000 visitors and they said i needed to upgrade.

So i can highly recommend hostgator. Maybe it is just bad luck or i don't know why but arvixe was really good for a few months for me then went downhill and just outright terrible. I am glad i didn't buy a full year's hosting because whenever i would release a new product (traffic would get at its peak) the site would pop up those 500 errors and i would lose so many visitors, not to mention the terrible Google WMT error messages.

I think arvixe got terrible after they got popular, when their traffic got better (i checked their alexa) that was the time their service start to suck for me because they probably put a lot of users on the shared server i was on.
As was stated before we're sorry you had a bad experience. History has proven itself with all hosting companies that using shared hosting with any hosting company can be a difficult for online stores in terms of up time and consistency. If Arvixe, or Host Gator, or In Motion decides to stack on 500 more users on my server then there is nothing I can do about it especially if one of those users is using resource intensive software. We hope that you have a better experience soon.

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by mpart » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:05 pm

I use Dinahosting and it offers a very good hosting and they have 24/7 support for all kind of problems. I have two of my ecommers there and I'm so happy with them.

En MP art encontraras las mejores pinturas con diferentes tecnicas para comprar cuadros MPART

Post by yoginetindia » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:52 pm

I believe that if you are looking to host multiple domains then go Company which can offer multiple IP Hosting . It will help you in SEO . For example try out hosting from IX web host .

Post by Alex - A2Hosting » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:47 am

yoginetindia wrote:I believe that if you are looking to host multiple domains then go Company which can offer multiple IP Hosting . It will help you in SEO . For example try out hosting from IX web host .
Having multiple IP addreses doesn't really have a difference in terms of SEO. However, if an IP was really wanted most hosting providers will offer it to you be it with an SSL certificate or not. We offer dedicated IP addresses just for +$2 per month per IP.

Alex - alex@a2hosting.com