Post by CamaroSS » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:07 am

I use the Windows ASP.NET hosting package with php5 and MySQLi... available pretty much everywhere. That being said, I have had major problems running OC on Linux

Post by yasar » Fri May 08, 2015 10:57 pm

Im also using blue host its good one

Post by Monsterjohn » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:32 pm

I have been with Arvixe a short time for dedicated 1.5.6 opencart hosting and the servers are so slow my website hardly works at all at even a basic theme level (slower than 88% of all websites according to ping tests). I'm just a novice although I've disabled product count and all that stuff but the only support I've got from Arvixe lately is 'see you later'. I wouldn't recommend godaddy and others like it but I'm keen to try business servers closer to my location (New Zealand).

Post by noahatarvixe » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:14 pm

Hi Monsterjohn,

We are sorry that you have had issues with our support. We would like to know who you spoke with at Arvixe. Please PM me your user name or domain name and our QA team will look into what happened.

Regards,

Noah
Arvixe Representative

T: 1-888-278-4939
F: 805-293-8885

Arvixe, LLC - http://www.arvixe.com
Freedom of the web at your fingertips.

Post by mikempp » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:10 pm

how hard would it be to have your own server? seems like it might be less trouble.

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:09 am

mikempp wrote:how hard would it be to have your own server? seems like it might be less trouble.
There's a lot to it! Power, maintenance, security patches, etc.

https://www.evolvewebhost.com
Unhappy with your current host? We can migrate your account today (usually for no fee)! Visit our website and signup and we'll take care of the rest!
24/7/365 support

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:18 pm

mikempp wrote:how hard would it be to have your own server? seems like it might be less trouble.
It would be fairly easy to do. The main obstacle (at least in the UK) is the lack of fibre-optic connections so you end up paying less for an external webhost than for your own fibre line.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Multilingual SEO * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Download Options * Free Download Buttons * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig

Expert Member

Post by markjacks » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:30 pm

how hard would it be to have your own server? seems like it might be less trouble.
You would have a lot of freedom since you host it yourself but make sure to include electricity bills. You need to have your server up 24/7. Not to mention, a redundant power system in case of power failure.

Post by tinabanana » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:37 am

i went with wx hosting as suggested and im super happy, its fast and great service

Post by doremi » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:32 am

I've been using arvixe for five years now and it has been pretty good but for the past week their performance and service have been terribly bad. My site was down for over 24 hours in the past week and as I am writing this, it is down again since 3 hours ago and I am still waiting to be connected to the live chat (almost 1.5 hours now). I will be transferring my sites to another hosting as soon as I can and am wondering if anyone has any recommendation? I am considering knownhost or wiredtree for the time being. Any advice will be truly appreciated. Thank you.

Post by labeshops » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:34 am

There is another thread about the issues with arvixe since they've been sold. I recommend Evolve - see the link in my signature.

Running Opencart v2.2 with multi-stores from http://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by doremi » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:04 am

Thank you for the suggestion. I've done further research and narrow down my choices to WX hosting and Siteground. WX hosting they are the fastest opencart hosting while Siteground is a more established hosting, and therefore more reliable I'd think. I am looking at WX hosting Pro Plan $50/mth vs. Siteground Entry Level Cloud plan $60/mth. Any advice?

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:26 pm

doremi wrote:Thank you for the suggestion. I've done further research and narrow down my choices to WX hosting and Siteground. WX hosting they are the fastest opencart hosting while Siteground is a more established hosting, and therefore more reliable I'd think. I am looking at WX hosting Pro Plan $50/mth vs. Siteground Entry Level Cloud plan $60/mth. Any advice?
Between those 2 choices, go with WX. We have been around for 8 years and also work extensively with Opencart. If you have any questions or need other advice, we're happy to help you out.

Unhappy with your current host? We can migrate your account today (usually for no fee)! Visit our website and signup and we'll take care of the rest!
24/7/365 support

Post by doremi » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:20 pm

I am leaning towards WX too. Is Wx and Evolve related?

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:39 pm

doremi wrote:I am leaning towards WX too. Is Wx and Evolve related?
We have worked together on client projects but we are two separate companies. I have a lot of respect for them and yes, of course, I'd love it if you hosted with Evolve but this isn't a sales pitch area either. They are in Canada and we are in the US.

24/7/365 support

Post by oyemch » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:48 pm

Bluehost works perfect for me. Offers lots of features and support service is amazing

Magento developer at https://www.mavenecommerce.com

Post by faca5 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:18 am

Post by poojasl1 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:53 pm

hi guys,

i am using Godday webhosting and i felt this is best.

Location - Delhi, India

Post by nongdanseo » Sun May 22, 2016 12:11 pm

I think choosing a VPS much better, more storage, speed is also improved significantly. Therefore I have to upgrade the whole site is managed in different 4VPS :)

bao cao su | am dao gia | do choi tinh duc

Post by tomeda » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:24 am

I've recently came across a hosting company that offers services for OC specifically and it's seems they have a decent feedback background, will appreciate if you share any experience with them.

It's about Fast Comet. They listed free services for OC, I've never seen before in one place:

1. Free installation/migration or transfer
2. Free OC upgrades
3. Free extension installation
4. Advanced OpenCart Security
5. Free OpenCart Backup & Restore

Would like to know if you have any experience with them before I transfer my websites? Thanks!

OpenCart SEO Services
http://tomeda.bg