Post by Twist » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:52 am

Hi all,

I have setup Paypal a the only payment option on my site. I just wondered if there is a way to do a test payment so I can make sure it is all processing okay?

Thank You

Post by kdmp » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:02 am

You can sign up at http://developer.paypal.comto create a sandbox account (test account). This allows you to test your installation without having to process a 'real' payment. Once you have created a sandbox account you then need to create 'test paypal accounts' and 'test email addresses' for the business side and the client side.

Then in your PayPal module in the admin panel, you can select yes for test mode. You will need to enter an email address that you created in the sandbox account. To be able to utilize the created email account in your sandbox account, you need to be logged into sandbox on the machine you are testing on.

Kevin Davidson
Purolator Shipping Module
Canpar Shipping Module
VQMod - Paypal Transaction ID to Payment Details

Location - Ontario, Canada

Post by coolnammy1 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:47 am

Just to clarify for kdmp, in the 2nd paragraph, hes talking about going into your OpenCart admin panel to turn on the test mode. Extensions>Payment>Paypal

Thank you for telling us about Paypal Sandbox btw!

Post by kdmp » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:17 am

He knew that there was a test mode, but I guess I should have put two and two together. We'll call that a partial answer. Thanks!

Kevin Davidson
Purolator Shipping Module
Canpar Shipping Module
VQMod - Paypal Transaction ID to Payment Details

Location - Ontario, Canada

Post by coolnammy1 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:29 pm

I get the following error when I try to check out. Any ideas of what I may have done wrong? I am logged into both my Sandbox and my faux sandbox seller account when I try to make a purchase. And test mode is enabled on both Sandbox and Opencart.

Code: Select all

We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller. Please contact the seller to resolve the problem. If this payment is for an eBay listing, you can contact the seller via the "Ask Seller a Question" link on the listing page. When you have the correct email address, payment can be made at www.paypal.com.

Post by coolnammy1 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:42 pm

i found the problem. when i copy pasted the email from sandbox, it added a space in the middle of the email address. hope that helps someone with the same problem

Post by alexmath » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:36 pm

thanx. very informative