Post by vimal » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:51 pm

Hi All,

I am trying to install the Swedish language pack and it is not complete. Hence I need to know which file I need to translate exactly to get the following in the information box

About us
Privacy policy
Terms and conditions

I have translated the file \opencart\catalog\language\swedish\module\information.php with the below

<?php
// Heading
$_['heading_title'] = 'Information';

// Text
$_['text_contact'] = 'Kontakt';
$_['text_sitemap'] = 'Sidkarta';
?>

As you see there is none for me to translate on About us, Privacy policy and Terms and conditions. Can someone please tell me what is the value for these?

e.g. $_['text_About us'] = 'Om oss';

www.beeshop.se
Starta webbshop, Starta e-butik, Starta e-handel

Location - Sweden

Post by Qphoria » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:41 pm

Dynamic names and descriptions are all database localized. You have to edit them at the Catalog->Information menu in the admin, Edit and add the new language to see them.

DB localized:
catalog names\descriptions\meta
product names\descriptions\meta
information names\descriptions\meta
order statuses
Geo Zones
etc.

Administrator

Post by vimal » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:53 pm

Actually, it can be translated in the admin section when you log in. In the modules/information all the pages I mentioned will be shown with the languages I have installed. I just need to change the text there.

Thanks!
Vimal.

www.beeshop.se

Location - Sweden

Post by Qphoria » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:42 pm

isn't that what I said?

Administrator

Post by vimal » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:43 am

oops! DUMB ASS VIMAL!!! ::)

www.beeshop.se

Location - Sweden

Post by michael2820 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:13 pm

@Q: "Dynamic names and descriptions are all database localized" - I understand a little bit, but no matter what: I can see, that most users do NOT find out about this. I have looked at many non-english sites and About Us, Privacy and Terms .. are NOT translated, ergo: the site does NOT look professional.

Therefore I hope it is possible to change this, so we the translators, can translate these names the same way, we translate everything else.

/Michael Maardt

--- please reply only with verified data, that is: no 'I think', 'maybe' etc. ---

Location - Denmark ver. 2.1.0.2

Post by michael2820 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:25 pm

vimal wrote:Actually, it can be translated in the admin section when you log in. In the modules/information all the pages I mentioned will be shown with the languages I have installed. I just need to change the text there.

Thanks!
Vimal.
@Vimal: I am not seeing, what you are seeing and therefore I do not understand what you are writing. I see:

Could you please show me a picture of your screen, thanks.

/Michael

--- please reply only with verified data, that is: no 'I think', 'maybe' etc. ---

Location - Denmark ver. 2.1.0.2