Post by Thing1 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:03 pm

Hello,

I have been scanning old posts for the past 2 hours with no luck. Can someone help me please???

When I go to my admin page I get the following error 'Internet Explorer Cannot display the webpage' this is in ie8.
It works perfectly in Chrome.
If I take the s off https: when going to the admin page then I get the login boxes displaying and no graphics. The fonts are wrong too, implying a css issue.

Also users are complaining they are unable to use the 'checkout' properly they are unable to get there once they have items in their cart. This is also occurring in ie8 and ie9.

I have tried using w3c Validation and although it finds a 4 errors, I have no idea what file they are in!

Thanks

Post by uksitebuilder » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:25 am

version ????

Try reuploading the default files.

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by Thing1 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:29 am

Hiya,

I'm using 1.4.9.2 - I know the obvious answer is to upgrade, but that's not practical right now.

Just wondered if anyone out there is experiencing the same problem, and what they did to resolve it.

Post by Moggin » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:51 am

Thing1 wrote:Hiya,

I'm using 1.4.9.2 - I know the obvious answer is to upgrade, but that's not practical right now.

Just wondered if anyone out there is experiencing the same problem, and what they did to resolve it.
Upgrading won't solve this problem, I fear.

Perhaps something has happened to your SSL cert - eg, due for renewal and lapsed, renewed incorrectly, or ...?
Because something similar occurred when I was having SSL problems. The admin login lost all styling because the paths in the admin/config were pointing to an https location (which wasn't working).

It doesn't really explain why your admin panel is a no-show in IE but OK in chrome. All I can say is that IE is less forgiving of coding errors. If you could post a link it might help with troubleshooting.

Post by Thing1 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:08 pm

Thanks, I'm pretty sure your right, it is something to do with the SSL. We just had to renew it recently. It must be something to with which pages it is covering....