Post by vaibhavlongani » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:33 pm

The issue I am facing is there are 2 VAT classes of the products on my website.
How can I se this feature then. Please help.

Post by stokeyblokey » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:06 pm

Sorry to resurrect an old post...but UKSB, will this fix the rounding problems when passing the cart to PayPal to take payment?

(please say yes!)

Or would I still need to use a hack to pass the entire pre-calculated cart total as a single item as in this thread http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... ng#p434450

Cheers,

Stokey

Stokey

Post by christiaan » Sat May 17, 2014 4:47 am

How can you get him to 21% VAT?

Post by Bodzio » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:57 am

Hi!

I tried many things and tried to look it up in many places, and still I can't get it working.

Both prices are the same, I won't show two different prices with and without tax.
I have the tax calculator installed - but this is only for adding the right price easier.
I have taxes, zones and so on configured, but I don't know what is wrong...

Also when a product has a promo with cheaper price it shows the with tax price deducted, but not the without tax price.
For my shop it is more important to have the without tax price bigger, I think I can change it with tpl files, correct?

Can anyone give me a hint with these problems?

Open Cart 1.5.6.4_rc

Post by i2Paq » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:18 pm

Bodzio wrote:For my shop it is more important to have the without tax price bigger
Explain?

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by Bodzio » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:37 pm

1. Both prices are the same, don't know what I'm doing wrong.
2. Want to have the "without tax" price to be the main one, bigger font - it's more important for the customer - that what the "bigger" ment, not the value :)
3. The price when the product is on promo is deducted only for the "with tax" one, not the "without tax" one - need to be deducted for the without tax, because as I said is more important for me (still both prices without promo are thesame)...

Thank you in advance for any hint!

Post by SXGuy » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:13 pm

Both should be deducted with a promo. If both values are the same then your tax classes and tax rate on each product is not set up properly. To make the ex tax look bugger you adjust the stylesheet font size

Post by Bodzio » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:40 pm

I found the tax issue: there was no users added to the tax class, it shows two different prices now.

But I still have a problem with reductions it's only with the with tax price, like in the code:

Code: Select all

<?php if (!$special) { ?>
        <?php echo $price; ?>
        <?php } else { ?>
        <span class="price-old"><?php echo $price; ?></span> <span class="price-new"><?php echo $special; ?></span>
        <?php } ?>
        <br />
        <?php if ($tax) { ?>
        <span class="price-tax"><?php echo $text_tax; ?> <?php echo $tax; ?></span><br />
        <?php } ?>
        <?php if ($points) { ?>
I think, that it shows special and old one with tax here:

span class="price-old"><?php echo $price; ?></span> <span class="price-new"><?php echo $special; ?></span>
But the code show only with out tax "special", but without "old" - and the one without tax is most important, that's why I need both bere...

Post by SXGuy » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:36 am

Its a little hard understanding what you mean, but I will try to guess.

From what I can see in my localhost installation, special price and old price, show including tax value.

What you want, is to show excluding tax for special price also?

Post by SXGuy » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:56 am

If I was right then you need to do this.

This is for the category page, you will need to make the same adjustments for the product pages also.

catalog/controller/product/category.php

find

'tax'         => $tax,
add underneath

'tax2'         => $this->currency->format($result['price'], $result['tax_class_id'], $this->config->get('config_tax')),
catalog/view/theme/yourtheme/template/product/category.tpl

find

<span class="price-tax"><?php echo $text_tax; ?> <?php echo $product['tax']; ?></span>
replace with

<span class="price-tax"><?php echo $text_tax; ?> <span class="price-old"><?php echo $product['tax2']; ?> </span><?php echo $product['tax']; ?></span>
You will need to do the styling and positioning of the prices yourself using your stylesheet, but this will show the old price excluding tax also.

Post by Bodzio » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:11 am

That's it! Thank you! I've added it to category, special and product pages!