Post by mrwho » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:58 am

Hello there!

Since this plea for help is also my first post, a little introduction first:

My name is Fausto Paiva, typing from Portugal.
After much testing and mucking around with several e-commerce CMSs, I opted for OpenCart due to it's ease of use, both for me (I'm beginning to translate it to European Portuguese - I'll post here the files as soon as I finish) and for my wife (she's not so good with computers, but since I'm trying to make a small e-shop for her small business, I want her to handle all the product creation and stuff).

Now for the problem that's bugging me (pun intended):

As I'm trying out each feature of the site one at a time (specially while I'm translating it), when trying out the "Forgotten Password" bit, I got the following error:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to undefined method ModelAccountCustomer::updatePassword() in /var/www/multideias/catalog/controller/account/forgotten.php on line 40
What should I change this instruction to so it will work?

There are a couple of other doubts I have, but I'll post them here later, one at a time.

Also any hints and tips you can give me to make this work (in general, not just related to this bug) are most welcome!

Thanks in advance for your help, and my congrats to the developer (I read somewhere it's just one - tough burden for just one person! :o ) - you're doing a great job!

Post by daelsta » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:59 pm

hi mrwho,

i am not really sure, but did you change the language to portuguese? If so, did you fill in anything under Admin - Configuration - Mail?

Greetz daelsta

Post by mrwho » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:52 pm

daelsta wrote: hi mrwho,

i am not really sure, but did you change the language to portuguese? If so, did you fill in anything under Admin - Configuration - Mail?

Greetz daelsta

Hi, and thanks for your reply.

Yes, I did fill everything under Mail in the Portuguese language. If I'm not mistaken, if I had not, the error would be something like "Subject line needs to be filled" or something like that.

Post by Daniel » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:04 am

Its a bug the line should be editPassword not updatePassword

the fix will be in the next release.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by mrwho » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:59 am

Daniel wrote: Its a bug the line should be editPassword not updatePassword

the fix will be in the next release.
Thanks, Daniel. That did the trick.

But another (I think related) bug: Whether when creating an account or clicking on the "Forgot My Password" link, the site sends me always the "Updates" mail template - even though I haven't placed an order yet.

Any ideas on this?