Post by rudolphmaria » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:31 am

Hi everyone,
I need to change the domain name - actually only the TLD is changing from .eu to .com
After I did the following changes I get loads of errors and a tiny rest of my website which doest work at all.
Here is what I did:
- downloaded the database and replaced .eu to .com with a text aditor
- uploaded the database to an new empty database
- deleted files in /vqcache
- config files: changed URLs and entered new database info
- checked htaccess file for domain - none
- disconnected the .eu domain and connected the .com domain with the folder containing opencart files

When I the visit the website I get many errors like these:

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /kunden/999_111/webseiten/opencart/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_startup.php on line 79
Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /kunden/999_111/webseiten/opencart/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_controller.php on line 53
Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /kunden/999_111/webseiten/opencart/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_loader.php on line 44
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /kunden/999_111/webseiten/opencart/index.php on line 56
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /kunden/999_111/webseiten/opencart/index.php on line 65
Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /kunden/999_111/webseiten/opencart/index.php on line 107

I would guess there is either something going wrong with VQmod or some cache file that needs to be deleted.
I have tried so many things without success.
When reconnetcted to the old domain (.eu) everything works fine again. I have done the same thing some time ago without any problems.

Any help is more than welcome as our shop needs to run on the new domain name asap.

Regards, Rudolph

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:27 pm

Post by xxvirusxx » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:23 am

rudolphmaria wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:31 am
Any help is more than welcome as our shop needs to run on the new domain name asap.
You can post in Commercial section if you shop need to run asap.

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:35 pm

Post by soundzgood-nz » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:23 am

Have a look at your config.php files for a stray \ in the HTTP_SERVER define and remove.
Simon

User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:15 pm
Location - New Zealand

Post by rudolphmaria » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:41 pm

Simon: I've checked but there is no \ in the config files.

I have changed the PHP version to the same one that was used on the old domain. Now I get different messages but stil no website:

Notice: unserialize(): Error at offset 361 of 1574 bytes in /kunden/999_111/webseiten/opencart/index.php on line 69

So I guess problems might rather come from the server settings. Not sure and not familiar with this.
Any ideas?

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:27 pm

Post by johnp » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:27 pm

Try installing a clean version of Opencart in a sub folder using a fresh database and see if that runs error free. If it does you can either compare and contrast config files or access the live database by changing the connection details in the config files.

When I get problems like these I work from a clean install and elimate problems one by one until I find the solution.

Opencart 1.5.6.5/Default Theme/VQMOD 2.6.1 lover, user and geek.
Fast Service for Opencart Installs, Fixing, Development and Upgrades plus Ecommerce, Marketing and More
https://asandwhenbusinessservices.co.uk
https://asandwhenbusinessservices.co.uk ... e-services


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:25 am
Location - Surrey, UK

Post by soundzgood-nz » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:40 am

Too many possibilities here to troubleshoot ... if you're in a hurry, as xxvirusxx has recommended, pay for some help.
It's not really ever a case of just changing a tld and expecting it to work, esp if you're using cached content (r u using a cdn for example?)
Simon

User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:15 pm
Location - New Zealand

Post by Cleo » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:43 am

I am not an expert but by seeing this: "Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92)"

I would upload the sql file again in Notepad++ and check in the Upper Menu/Encoding that this is the option selected: /UTF-8 (without BOM) before saving it. I remember I had a similar error a while ago with a .sql file and also in PhPmyadmin I always put a checkmark at: Disable foreign key checks because if I don't I sometimes have problem with the database.

But maybe you already checked that?

Regards

Cleo

My EN Store
My FR Store
Opencart v1.5.4.1 fr/en
Theme: Custom
vqmod-2.6.0


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:19 am

Post by rudolphmaria » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:30 am

Many thanks to everyone replying to my post. Problem solved.
Solution turnded out to be rather simple: the PHP version connected with the new domain was outdated. Now it works.
Besides that as soundzgood-nz pointed out it's more than to just change the TLD... a lot more.
Many thanks again,
Rudolph

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:27 pm

Post by johnp » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:59 am

Glad you got it sorted. :)

Opencart 1.5.6.5/Default Theme/VQMOD 2.6.1 lover, user and geek.
Fast Service for Opencart Installs, Fixing, Development and Upgrades plus Ecommerce, Marketing and More
https://asandwhenbusinessservices.co.uk
https://asandwhenbusinessservices.co.uk ... e-services


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:25 am
Location - Surrey, UK
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 53 guests