Post by nikythebest » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:13 am

I have about 50k products in my opencart shop but only 10k is active/in stock. Can you please tell me if will delete all unused products(outofstock) will speed up my website?

Post by straightlight » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:30 am

It will help to free up your database a bit but will probably not regain its full speed optimization since you'd still have another 40k of products to handle.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by nikythebest » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:16 am

straightlight wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:30 am
It will help to free up your database a bit but will probably not regain its full speed optimization since you'd still have another 40k of products to handle.
Thank you for your answer. I think that you missunderstood that i have only 10k active products and 40k unused. it is worthwhile to delete those 40k?

Post by straightlight » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:27 am

While you may only have 10k active products versus 40k that are inactive, the question remains to notice the length of time where your products among the 40k have been inactive for a long time and won't need to be reactivated in the future in order to free up database resources.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by olweb » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:28 am

Olá, isso não afetará, teoricamente, o desempenho do seu site, pode apenas liberar espaço em sua hospedagem e banco de dados.

Espero ter ajudado.

ATT.
Júnior Oliveira
https://oliveiraweb.com.br
https://criarsite.gru.br
https://olweb.com.br

Post by nikythebest » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:50 pm

straightlight wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:27 am
While you may only have 10k active products versus 40k that are inactive, the question remains to notice the length of time where your products among the 40k have been inactive for a long time and won't need to be reactivated in the future in order to free up database resources.
I don;t need them anymore. The 40k won't need to be reactivated.

Post by soundzgood-nz » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:56 am

Sure, removing 80% of your product rows will mean things like category page loads will be faster (it'll save milliseconds for fewer database calls), but usually the things that take the longest time (and we're talking potentially thousands of milliseconds here) are media files, eg images. So for the remaining 10k of products, optimise your images to get noticeable speed results.
Simon

Location - New Zealand

Post by straightlight » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:36 pm

Loading media sites mostly affects the client platforms and much lower for the servers. The rest goes to resources and traffic overloads throughout the network.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON