Post by Pysiek » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:46 am

Guys I need help really fast. In my store I added new product. The size of it is 48"x6"x6" . I just had two customers who purchased that item and another one which is 10"x7"x5" in size. USPS extension let both customers select Priority Medium Flat Rate box as shipping charge and they paid $12.85 each. Why the system allows that if the other product is oversized and won't fit in flat rate box? Now I lost around $40 in shipping that I have to paid. What I need to do so my system will charge correct shipping? Please help. My open cart version is 1.5.5.1

Post by Johnathan » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:38 pm

The built-in USPS method only looks at the weight of the items in the cart. If you want something that also factors in dimensions, I have a USPS Pro extension that has a 3-dimensional packing algorithm in it. It should disable any rates that aren't eligible based on the items in the cart. The packing algorithm is not perfect 100% of the time, but it works in most situations.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator