Post by thehay95 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:37 pm

Hi!
I am fairly new to all this website stuff so i know very little about everything.

I have an opencart website/webshop, but the collaboration with the previous webmaster? (if that is the correct term) who's company also hosted the site ended.

I have a complete database, so i was told i could transfer everything to a new host?.

My question is, what am i actually searching for?

As far as i understand i need a webmaster that also has a hosting ability, is this correct?

Than this person would be able to transfer my database and website to his servers and help me with maintaining the site?

Or is opencart designed to run it without support (eventually) and i just need a hosting company? and some initial help from someone to set everything up and get the webshop online and running.

Sorry for the incoherant rambling, but i dont quite understand everything.

All input is appreciated.

Công ty giúp việc nhà việc chọn một người chăm sóc uy tín trở thành điều cực kỳ quan trọng. Dưới đây là một số bước và lời khuyên giúp bạn chọn được người chăm sóc phù hợp và đáng tin cậy cho bé yêu của mình.

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:29 am

Well, if one is not familiar with such, one could always get commercial Support.
But one needs no Webmaster, strictly technically, but then, one needs a Hosting
Company, and one needs to know, how to manage Databases and Opencart
Installations, to make it work.
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by Elevate » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:56 pm

thehay95 wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:37 pm
Hi!
I am fairly new to all this website stuff so i know very little about everything.

I have an opencart website/webshop, but the collaboration with the previous webmaster? (if that is the correct term) who's company also hosted the site ended.

I have a complete database, so i was told i could transfer everything to a new host?.

My question is, what am i actually searching for?

As far as i understand i need a webmaster that also has a hosting ability, is this correct?

Than this person would be able to transfer my database and website to his servers and help me with maintaining the site?

Or is opencart designed to run it without support (eventually) and i just need a hosting company? and some initial help from someone to set everything up and get the webshop online and running.

Sorry for the incoherant rambling, but i dont quite understand everything.

All input is appreciated.
As Ernie said, you do not need the same company to host and develop your website. They can be separate. If you'd like to contact us, we can help you get setup. Our email is hello@elev8your.com

ELEV8TE Website Development
Available for hire - please contact me at https://www.elev8your.com/contact
https://www.elev8your.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA