Post by GraemeH » Fri May 25, 2018 4:28 pm

Hi,

We are looking to close one of our websites on our multi-store installation, but the one we want to close is the default one, not the additional ones. I attempted to remove the secondary one, and they edit the default to the details of the second store, but this failed, so am hoping someone can advise of the best way to do this. Ideally, I would like to keep running the site from the same files and database as I have a large number of extensions and don't want the hassle of re-installing, and re-customising all the code I have changed over the past few years (even if I could remember them all).

Is there a simple way to do this? I'm using 1.5.4.1.

Thanks in advance.

Post by Qphoria » Sat May 26, 2018 12:07 am

The default store is based on the main values in the "setting" table.. and doesn't have an entry in the "store" table.
So you can't delete it.. but you can simply rename it to the store name you want and change the url to match.
But then you'll need to know or hire someone that knows how to update all the places in the database where store_id = 1 and change it to store_id = 0.
PM me if you would like a quote for moving the sub store to the main spot

Administrator

Post by GraemeH » Sat May 26, 2018 4:37 am

Thanks Qphoria.

Here are the steps I tried, can you advise if I have missed something?

1. Swapped store id's from 1 to 0 and 0 to 1 in category_to_store, product_to_store, information_to_store, manufacturer_to_store and order tables.
2. Swapped url's in admin > settings
3. Changed url's in config and admin/config

Is there something basic I am missing here? If its more complicated I am happy you to provide a price for doing this as every time I try I still end up with the store not loading at all.

Post by yodapt » Sat May 26, 2018 4:46 am

I sent you a PM earlier.

Opencart Developer - My Extension Showcase
Contact me at aeon.yoda@gmail.com

Post by GraemeH » Sat May 26, 2018 7:42 am

Thanks yodapt, I think I may have managed to sort it.

Post by ssalahat » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:18 pm

Sorry to hijack this thread, however I am running in similar issue and can't seem to understand the solutions.
I am using opencart 3.0.1 and need to delete / remove default store in multistore setup. I have a couple of developers that usually work for me on my sites but I am getting different estimates for the time and what needs to be done to delete the default store.
Has anyone been able to successfully remove default store? What exactly needs to be done?