Post by LongerVogue » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:59 am

Now the website loading is very slow.
The performance reports shows "The following images served from longervogue.com should be combined into as few images as possible using CSS sprites."
These images are all system default images. Do they really slow down the loading speed.

The opencart version is still 1.5.x. Will loading be faster if upgrade to 3.0?

Post by victorj » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:47 am

Without a direct link to your website is will be difficult to pinpoint where your site needs optimizing in order to get great load times.
oc 1.5 can be blazing fast.
looking at the screenshot posted, biggest gain will come from adding browser caching and optimzing images
Also optimzing your database wil do wonders.

Check my sites they run oc 1.5 as well and i think they are pretty fast and optimzed to the max

Koeltechnische deurrubbers eenvoudig online op maat bestellen.
Alle niet stekplichtige onderdelen zoals scharnieren, sloten, randverwarming en verlichting voor alle typen koelingen en vriezers.
https://koelcel-onderdelen.com

Expert Member

Location - Alkmaar Holland

Post by IP_CAM » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:19 am

Well, you better move on to a decent hoster, if that's all, what they have to offer!
It would not be faster with any other Version, the contrary would be the case, since
responsive layouts require more code to be 'handled'.
Ernie
---
download/file.php?mode=view&id=34528

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by LongerVogue » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:30 pm

victorj wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:47 am
Without a direct link to your website is will be difficult to pinpoint where your site needs optimizing in order to get great load times.
oc 1.5 can be blazing fast.
looking at the screenshot posted, biggest gain will come from adding browser caching and optimzing images
Also optimzing your database wil do wonders.

Check my sites they run oc 1.5 as well and i think they are pretty fast and optimzed to the max
Thanks. The link is in screenshot. The error msg shows all default images slow down the loading. Does it mean I need to optimize the default code. How to optimize the database btw.

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:48 pm

I agree with Ernie. You have chosen one of the worst web hosts (go-daddy). If you are serious about ecommerce use a quality web host.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by agatha65 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:30 am

I can't open your site because Malwarebytes is blocking it. With quick search in cached files and with site operator i would say it is "Japanese keywords hack".

Suppliers Module - XML, CSV, XLS Product Feed Import and Update
Rich Snippets | Facebook Open Graph Meta Tags | WebP Images

Location - Canada, QC

Post by LongerVogue » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:41 am

IP_CAM wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:19 am
Well, you better move on to a decent hoster, if that's all, what they have to offer!
It would not be faster with any other Version, the contrary would be the case, since
responsive layouts require more code to be 'handled'.
Ernie
---
download/file.php?mode=view&id=34528
Hmm. Thank you. Seems I must upgrade to a better host server...