Post by eWarrior » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:13 am

I am modifying some code for a store running OC v1.5.5.1 and have successfully managed to add the brands to the header. The only problem is that this is output in a single list.

I am attempting to divide the columns in a similar manner to the categories. So I borrowed the code that performs this operation for the categories in the header. However, I am clearly missing something as this is not working.

catalog/view/theme/*/template/common/header.tpl

Code: Select all

<?php foreach ($manufacturers as $manufacturer) { ?>
<?php for ($i = 0; $i < count($manufacturer);) { ?>
<ul>
  <?php $j = $i + ceil(count($manufacturer) / 3); ?>
  <?php for (; $i < $j; $i++) { ?>
  <?php if (isset($manufacturer[$i])) { ?>
  <li><a href="<?php echo $manufacturer[$i]['href']; ?>"><?php echo $manufacturer[$i]['name']; ?></a></li>
  <?php } ?>
  <?php } ?>
</ul>
<?php } ?>
<?php } ?>

I'm sure for the talented individuals around here that this would be an easy fix!

Could someone advise what I have done wrong?

Post by straightlight » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:53 pm

Countless examples can be seen in your catalog/view/theme/<your_theme>/template/module folder. Almost each TPL files displays a multi-dimensional loop and segments the rows as you described above.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased counters are caused by posted redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

F. Rules:

- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200480
- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200804

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by eWarrior » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:43 am

straightlight wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:53 pm
Countless examples can be seen in your catalog/view/theme/<your_theme>/template/module folder. Almost each TPL files displays a multi-dimensional loop and segments the rows as you described above.
Yes, I have tried to understand the code, but web development is not my primary vocation.

I was hoping for some help with the above code. Looks like I will continue to work on this in the hope that I can identify the correct code.