Post by bronts » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:08 pm

Hi and Happy Easter,
So this shop www.redraglynsgems.com has been working fine for some time now and all of a sudden, today there is this error message ??? (repeated for many lines) on the main page and the admin page...

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/**/********/****/*****/RedraglynsGems/shop/vqmod/vqmod.php on line 247

Any assistance with what this means and how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.

Reagrds,

Brontè
Last edited by bronts on Sun May 27, 2018 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Location - QLD Australia

Post by IP_CAM » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:30 pm

Well, this probably means, that you have to change the Database Driver
Name from mysql to mysqli in both of your config.php Files.

Code: Select all

// DB
define('DB_DRIVER', 'mysqli');
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by pprmkr » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:53 pm

bronts wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:08 pm
Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/**/********/****/*****/RedraglynsGems/shop/vqmod/vqmod.php on line 247
Error message clearly states: /vqmod/vqmod.php
You use an old version of vQmod. Download and install newer version: https://github.com/vqmod/vqmod/wiki/Ins ... n-OpenCart

Location - Netherlands

Post by bronts » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:12 pm

I upgraded the vqmod but now a new error appears (although the site does show now - thank you).

Notice: Array to string conversion in /home/content/**/*******/****/*****/RedraglynsGems/shop/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-catalog_model_tool_image.php on line 4Notice: Array to string conversion in /home/content/**/********/****/*****/RedraglynsGems/shop/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-catalog_model_tool_image.php on line 4

Location - QLD Australia

Post by pprmkr » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:29 pm

Open vqmod/xml folder and search for an image modification.
Disable mod by renaming to .xml_ and contact developer of that modification ...

Location - Netherlands

Post by victorj » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:33 pm

Most likely your hoster upgraded PHP to a later version.
Go in your hosting panel and check if you can downgrade PHP to version 5.5 or 5.6
You also need to upgrade your database connector from MySQL to mysqli.

Koeltechnische deurrubbers eenvoudig online op maat bestellen.
Alle niet stekplichtige onderdelen zoals scharnieren, sloten, randverwarming en verlichting voor alle typen koelingen en vriezers.
https://koelcel-onderdelen.com

Expert Member

Location - Alkmaar Holland

Post by straightlight » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:53 pm

You are using an old version of VQMod. No need to downgrade PHP or the need to modify the DB_DRIVER if it has already been modified to mysqli but rather upgrade your VQMod installation to the latest version. vqmod.php file no longer uses /e with preg_replace especially not on line 247. Once upgraded, ensure to clear your vqcache files.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by bronts » Sat May 19, 2018 4:10 pm

Thank you everyone for your support.
Victorj ended up logging and and fixing the issue but recently I have had to upgrade the shop to the latest version of opencart and as my old theme (and some extensions) are now not compatible, I have had to purchase a new theme etc, but I should not have any major issues in the near future(I hope lol) :-)
As an opencart newbie I really appreciate everyone advice, as without you helping me, I would not learn and issues would not be solved.
Warm regards,
Brontè

Location - QLD Australia