Post by TomSut » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:11 pm

Hello,

I have just been made aware by a customer that they cant view their order history when they log into their account.

When the customer logs in and clicks on view your order history this message appears

"You have not made any previous orders!"

Surly this should display the item they just purchased?

I have done a test purchase and i can confirm it does not work.

Any thoughts

Kind Regards,

Tom

Opencart version 1.5.5.1
Last edited by TomSut on Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by kestas » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:16 pm

No version of OC provided. Order history only for registered users...

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by TomSut » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:09 am

Opencart version 1.5.5.1

Order history only for registered users... they are registered users thats why they can "log into their account". Don't understand how that helps at all.

Post by straightlight » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:10 am

TomSut wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:09 am
Opencart version 1.5.5.1

Order history only for registered users... they are registered users thats why they can "log into their account". Don't understand how that helps at all.
You are posting about an old version of Opencart. In most recent versions, the order history has been added as a feature with customer accounts.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by TomSut » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:41 pm

Straightlight I know its an old version of Opencart...

All im asking is, why when a customer logs in and they go to their account page they cant see their order history?

The feature is clearly built in regardless of it being 1.5.5.1.

Even if someone could just say they never got it to work on their Opencart site then it might be a step in the right direction.

No help from anyone so far just really odd answers.

:(

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:52 am

Well sure, it should dispay, regardless of the Version, but if it does not work,
it should at least present some error message, either in the VqMod Log, or
then in the System Log. And if not, you also have to check in the Server Log,
to find out, why this is not the case. It could also be related to some Theme,
and/or Extensions, wich you did not mention either.
But you could also create a DEMO Customer, to at least enable someone,
to try it out. It would sure help, to also get some useful replies. This because,
most don't even reply, if they have nothing to say, or just, to add to numbers ::)
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by TomSut » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:50 pm

Checked all the logs and i cant see any issues.

I have a personal account on our website for testing purposes and like i said at the start of this it still didn't work. The website has 10 extensions and a theme so maybe that could have been the issue. So instead of messing with the website, I installed a fresh version of Opencart 1.5.5.1 on our server, no extensions no theme and it still doesn't work.

Im coming to the conclusion this feature has never worked on 1.5+ and the ability of a customer to be able to log into a personal area on the website is pretty much pointless.

I have a few websites running newer versions of Opencart and this feature works fine. It's just a shame i cant get it to work on our older website.

Annoyingly I came across this webpage from a host provider. Shows it working like it should in 1.5
http://www.webhostinghub.com/help/learn ... r-statuses

Thanks

Tom

Post by IP_CAM » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:56 am

well, according to this text and the image on the Site linked, it's part of the Account Section.
But why not using the latest OC v.1.5.6.5_rc, most stuff will further function...
Ernie
---
Order Statuses are used to indicate the progress of a sale to both the customer in their Order History
and an administrator viewing order status in the back office for OpenCart.

5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by mkp007 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:04 am

I think I'm finding the same thing with mine. 1.5.6.4. I don't know if I have ever check this but customer orders are not there in their history.

Vorticy, Inc.
Opencart 1.5.6.4, MySQL 5.1.73-5, PHP 5.3.3-46, Plesk v12.0.18, OS CentOS 6

Post by johnp » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:20 am

Whatever the problem is I would do an upgrade to 1.5.6.5 as part of the investigation process. Each to their own but that would be my approach.

Opencart 1.5.6.5/OC Bootstrap Pro/VQMOD lover, user and geek.
Affordable Service £££ - Opencart Installs, Fixing, Development and Upgrades
Plus Ecommerce, Marketing, Mailing List Management and More
FREE Guidance and Advice at https://www.ecommerce-help.co.uk

Location - Surrey, UK

Post by mkp007 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:33 am

Any good guides out there for upgrades from 1.5.6.4 to 1.5.6.5? I would love to just replace the essential files and not start from scratch as I have several files that we have customized in the past. Would be great to see a list of files that have changed and maybe notes on why they have changed.

As for this issue of customer transaction history, I have checked the database and the "customer_transaction" table is empty!! So when the query from /catalog/model/account/transaction.php is called, nothing is returned. Need to figure out why this table is not being populated.

Vorticy, Inc.
Opencart 1.5.6.4, MySQL 5.1.73-5, PHP 5.3.3-46, Plesk v12.0.18, OS CentOS 6

Post by johnp » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:16 am

1.5.6.4 to 1.5.6.5 is pretty easy. I've not seen a an upgrade guide though. Ernie could probably provide notes. He's your 1.5.6.5 goto guy. :)

Opencart 1.5.6.5/OC Bootstrap Pro/VQMOD lover, user and geek.
Affordable Service £££ - Opencart Installs, Fixing, Development and Upgrades
Plus Ecommerce, Marketing, Mailing List Management and More
FREE Guidance and Advice at https://www.ecommerce-help.co.uk

Location - Surrey, UK

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:09 pm

Well, I hate a few things, like that misused word 'Upgrade', and especially, when it
comes to OC ! It's quite similar to scrapping your old Car, by unloading the New
One atop of it, when it arrives. And only Boozo- Brains would do such, but sure
not honest Business-People.
---
IMPORTANT: 1.5.6.5_rc is in nothing different from v.1.5.6.4, it only contains
about 25 Fixes, from Misses, still found in v.1.5.6.4 after it's official release date.
The changed v.1.5.6.5_rc file Infos can be found on Github:
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/bl ... angelog.md
and hopefully all of the files involved i found are packed in the ZIP file below.
---
But other than that, just make a Copy of your existing Database, by use of the
SERVER MyAdmin SQL Tool, and install a clean 1.5.6.5_rc Version, configured, to
reach that Database, and you don't even have to (re-) install the Shop, but use it
immediately, if you change the Links + Paths of your both config.php files,
as well as the Rewrite-Path in the .htaccess file, to be redirect to the new
Subdirectory, where the newly uploaded Software exists.
OC v.1.5.6.5_rc
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/tr ... 306fb75707
---
Then, you install VqMod v.2.6.1 (best matching 'lean' Vqmod Version)
https://github.com/vqmod/vqmod/releases ... 1-opencart
or the fabulous Version VqMod Pro 2.6.1, created by famous MaxD, which
automatically assigns all files, eventually to be called by a User or Admin:
VqMod Pro v.2.6.1:
https://opencartforum.com/files/file/30 ... stabilnyy/
BUT it's NOT really advised, to use it during Tests, because, in an OC Version under Tests,
it might produce a full Page Error, once in a While, if something is called during it's
auto-refresh Cycle, which might include several hundred cached files, to newly be cached
again, and such takes a few seconds of time. So, if one ever runs into such an error,
no problem, nothing will happen, a couple of seconds later, everything will be ok again ... :-)
---
You might also install all of your VqMods, plus an already used Custom (responsive)
1.5.6.5 Theme, if exist. Or then, download one of the range of existing free 'responsive'
or even fully Bootstrap Themes.
Responsive Themes: ( Themes usually have some minor flaws, but they can be fixed easy.)
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... responsive
Full Bootstrap Themes: ( the Bootstrap-3 PRO Theme is very impressive, and works swell)
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... =Bootstrap
---
But those Themes are NOT compatible to PEKU's original OC-2 themed OpenCart EDGE,
just to mention this, they fully base on their own Custom Code, which is not compatible
with OC v.1.5.6.5 EDGE, but only with the DEFAULT OC v.1.5.6.5_rc, as downloaded from
Github Opencart. And if you now already use something like Journal, it just needs to be
installed, to further function the same way as with v.1.5.6.4, just to mention this too ...
---
Just be aware, that, if you use a BOOTSTRAP Theme, not all of your existing VqMods and
Modules might work within the THEME Section as planned. Some might show their
Content in the wrong place, or then don't display anything, and such Theme-related
Content needs to be 'adjusted', by changing VqMod Links, to find their 'Anchors' again
in a Theme File. And if an EXISTING Module has some Theme Files in use, they need to
be made work, to meet the standards, like used in a Bootstrap Theme, like
the latest.tpl file in the theme/module/ Section:
NEW:

Code: Select all

<h3><?php echo $heading_title; ?></h3>
<div class="row">
 <?php foreach ($products as $product) { ?>
 <div class="col-lg-3 col-md-4 col-sm-6 col-xs-12">
instead of the OLD:

Code: Select all

<div class="box">
<div class="box-heading"><?php echo $heading_title; ?></div>
<div class="box-content">
<div class="box-product">
And if you want to make sure, that if works under PHP-7, which will
be 'required' by most all Hosters soon, get one of the NEW
encryption.php Files from here:
viewtopic.php?f=202&t=206794&p=733801#p733629
---
That's about it. At least, if you want to do it the totally secure way.
It will take a little time, but then, you can be sure, to have a clean working installation.
You will only have to copy/paste all of your existing images, from one Shop Sub to the other,
to then have a working Shop again. And if it works, just move it into the other Sub again, to
further use your existing URL, after rewriting the config.php file Links + Paths, to match
the original Directory again. And LEAVE the NEW DB to work, since it now contains latest Values!
And one further Note: The default OC v.1.5.6.5_rc INSTALL Routine will NOT work under PHP7
any longer, so, better don't try to install it, if you cannot switch back to PHP 5.x for this purpose,
or get a PHP-7 installation routine from me, already 'linked' to meet your Site Name, if you tell
me the correct URL and Sub! :-)

Good Luck!
Ernie

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by ADD Creative » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:40 pm

mkp007 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:33 am
As for this issue of customer transaction history, I have checked the database and the "customer_transaction" table is empty!! So when the query from /catalog/model/account/transaction.php is called, nothing is returned. Need to figure out why this table is not being populated.
The customer order history is stored in the oc_order and other oc_order_ tables. oc_customer_transaction is just for balance adjustments. Have you checked your error logs for anything that might be relevant? Both the OpenCart one the the PHP error_log.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom