Post by authentic » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:52 pm

1. Which Version of OpenCart are you using 1.5.5.1
2. Is it a clean install or an upgrade clean install
3. Which template are you using - if not standard, provide details and if possible a link to the template vendor Suitsy Furniture
4. Is the shop modified, e.g. which modules/extensions are installed modified with many extensions
4.a Are you using VQMod to run modifications - if, which version vqmod 2.4.1
5. If the shop was running until today without any problems, did you check if there was a server upgrade (e.g. php, mysql, etc.) not aware of any server changes
6. Whenever possible, post your environement (e.g. versions of php, MySQL) php 5.3
7. Website www.go-authentic.com/shop

Dear Opencart community,
I am a long time opencart user, but tonight I came home to a broken shop without any reason or explanation for the same. I left it in good working condition in the morning and as I returned tonight I was faced with the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/goauth6/public_html/shop/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_helper_utf8.php on line 733

which was followed by another error after removing the vq2_system_helper_utf8.php file

Fatal error: Class 'Url' not found in /home/goauth6/public_html/shop/admin/index.php on line 56

I created another directory on the server and uploaded a month old backup to that directory, linking it to the original database. This has enabled me to be able to access the home page, however if I navigate to any link, more errors appear:

Fatal error: Class 'Url' not found in /home/goauth6/public_html/shop/index.php on line 80

Is there a kind soul on this forum who could help me out with my devastating dilemma? You would not have to do it for free. This problem is just way over my head and this is my business website by which I earn my living, and I would like to see it restored to working order if possible.

If you think you can help me, would you please?

Thank you.
Elli

Post by straightlight » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:32 pm

Caused by an installed VQMod extension. I would suggest to disable the related XML file until this error message disappears. In addition:
4. Is the shop modified, e.g. which modules/extensions are installed modified with many extensions
Yes, that is one of the cause.
6. Whenever possible, post your environement (e.g. versions of php, MySQL) php 5.3
Minimum Opencart requirements is PHP v5.4 . Below requirements. Also using an old version of Opencart.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON