Post by wigwamtoys » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:13 pm

Hello, I have no idea how to make items show up in the related items area from the spreadsheet "related_ids". For example we sell 5 different types of pen packs from one designer, I would like to make them show up in the related items portion of the webpage when viewing each item.
Two birds with one stone - I also don't understand how to set up the "options" part of the spreadsheet - I want different size variations of one item (and therefore also different price points. I've done extensive googling and searching in this forum for both of these issues but can't find anything - if anyone could instruct me or direct me to an appropriate explanation or tutorial I would be really grateful. I'm just an employee for my business trying to make use of the tools I have been given :) Thank you in advance!
Version 1.5.6
Last edited by wigwamtoys on Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Location - UK

Post by straightlight » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:15 pm

No OC version provided, no API documentation provided with detailed explanation of those significant fields, no extension link provided.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by wigwamtoys » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:29 pm

straightlight wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:15 pm
No OC version provided, no API documentation provided with detailed explanation of those significant fields, no extension link provided.
Uh, Version 1.5.6. I'm assuming you're asking for these things? I don't know what API documentation is or what you mean by extension link.. I'm a person! Thanks ;)

Location - UK

Post by straightlight » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:32 pm

While you might be a person, you are referring to a spreadsheet generated by either an extension or by a third party application which, in both cases, Opencart does not provide with the default installation. Which is why, your first post's information is incomplete. Without theorizing any school lessons, can you provide in details an example of your spreadsheet and mentioning from which provider or extension has this spreadsheet file been generated with?

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by wigwamtoys » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:52 pm

straightlight wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:32 pm
While you might be a person, you are referring to a spreadsheet generated by either an extension or by a third party application which, in both cases, Opencart does not provide with the default installation. Which is why, your first post's information is incomplete. Without theorizing any school lessons, can you provide in details an example of your spreadsheet and mentioning from which provider or extension has this spreadsheet file been generated with?
This is what my spreadsheet looks like. The highlighted column is the one I am trying to utilize. I don't know who provided the spreadsheet but I upload it using something called Total Import PRO. It works pretty straightfowardly, for example with categories I just input into the appropriate spreadsheet column the name of the category I want on my website, and it appears identically in the product management section of OpenCart - therefore I thought, perhaps I just enter the exact names of items in the same way that I want to link in related items into the relevant part of the spreadsheet. However, no dice.
I have looked at my copy of the OpenCart Manaul but it is a little lacking in explanation of how to fully manipulate certain functions.
Hope you can help. Or anyone else who is using a similar set of functions for their website.

Location - UK

Post by straightlight » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:07 pm

I upload it using something called Total Import PRO
Contact the extension developer of this extension in order to get your inquiry resolved. In addition, if you do not know from where the spreadsheet has been generated from originally, I would not suggest to use it.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON