Post by jenlords » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:43 pm

Hi,

Does v1.5 support these functionalities like Abandoned cart recovery, cross-selling / up-selling, stripe payment gateway.

Thanks

Post by IP_CAM » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:20 am

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by jenlords » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:23 pm

I forgot to mention the keyword "FREE"
I did search the extensions and also forums. I could only find free ones for v2. As you recommended v1.5 I'm looking these extensions for v1.5.

Seems like I got to go with v2,

Before opencart I researched other ecom platforms like seo Toaster (no Stripe yet) Laravel (no full-fledged ecom package yet) and woocommerce (I'm not big fan of wordpress)

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:37 am

Well, without some OC Coder Knowledge, it's hard to make v.2 Mods work
with v.1.5.x. Versions. Good Luck, and hopefully, you'll find a matching
OC-Version, to get it all for free ! :D
Ernie
---
BTW:
But at least some of the Mods exist, or better, existed, for free, for v.1.5.6 Versions,
but like others, some suddenly disappear, and others do no longer come for free. ::)

5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by jenlords » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:03 pm

Hi IP_CAM,

Yes I like FREE,

I'm big fan of Open Source, it's such a beautiful movement, it's not like a free handout but it's more like a Christmas present from your parents.

That's why I like Linux over Windows or Mac for that matter. I don't have anything against Red Hat making money out of an open source Linux but Ubuntu or Debian are fine for my needs.

Also I have nothing against developers making a buck with their paid extensions/themes, getting hired for modifications. Most of open source software have a marketplace section, if not all. But it would be desirable to have LITE versions for basic functionalities for FREE.

It would be great if an open source ecom platform have some basic functionalities for a small shop, If not move onto a better and FREE one, as I'm going to build a simple and small shop (not trying to build 1/100000th of amazon)

If and as my shop grows, I would hire coder and/or buy extensions/Mods to have advanced features and to automate tasks.

The main purpose of this thread and my post on the other thread is to know that if there are mods I need which not listed here but do exist somewhere and v1.5 Masters would know all about it.

I'm still in researching mode. Seo Toaster gives all functions free out-of-the-box which shopify charges bit dearly. Woocommerce have plugins for basic needs free with lite versions. And as for Laravel it's just mater of time before it will have full fledged pack then most of the ecom platforms will eat dust.

For now I might go with OC version with FREE goodies or Woocommerce.

Free is not such a bad word especially in the Open Source World.

Thanks

Post by IP_CAM » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:06 am

Well, you are basically on the right track, still, OC may be Opencource, but it's sure not
just a Common Project, mastered by some Fan's. In contrary, OC is just a one Man Show,
on it's way, to eventually end up like Magento, split into a free shareware Code, and
a fully professional Software, offered to those, looking for a pro reliable Shop Solution.

But for those, looking for mostly free Knowledge, OC offers an unparalleled Range of free
Wisdom, if one belongs to those, not always just looking around for latest Releases, for some
unknown to me reason. But since most Users seem to be Newbies, they don't know anything
about it, and so expect latest releases always to be the best.

In Addition, OC does not really belong to the forerunners, when it comes to show a 'transparent'
profile. And as a consequence of this, Newcomers logically expect a widely tested and errorfree
Software, instead of beeing aware of the fact, that they are just Testers of the latest releases, in
order to find out, what does not work yet, as it should. And if enough Misses are found, the next
OC-Release will then have them fixed, and the Game starts again ( as it has so far...).

But don't get me wrong, I am not critical about that, I even understand the Idea behind it. It would
cost a lot of money, and even more time, to do it in any other way, since it takes Masses of Users,
to find out, if everything works as planned, in a Software like this. OC is not Microsoft, relying on
a few hundred or thousand paid Dev's, just to compare it with the real One's ... ::)

In contrary, OC is a genious Idea, it just lacks the Transparency, so potential Users would be
aware, before just beeing confronted with a Download - praised as THE ultimate Solution,
on how this System and Strategy works (as it obviously does).

Still, for those, looking for free Goodies, OC offers a giant range of them, and, like in my case,
it already took me 3.5+ Years, to so far check out, what's available for free. I have about 50 GB
on 'knowledge' about it on Disk, and not even checked on half of it yet. But then, one will be
able to create a really ultimate Solution, meeting, what one wants it to be. And I am near, to
at least have found the probably 'cleanest' way of peaking up my 'light' edition, as planned.

But I am not a relevant figure (anymore), since I also still work ONLY with my (POS!) XP, despite of
beeing surrounded by other PC's with 'later' Version Releases. :D Not to mention, to be married for
42 Years already with the same woman :-X , so, I am not really a representative Figure or Value
anymore, and it's just my personal impression, beeing around here for a relatively short while...
Good Luck! ;)
Ernie

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland