Post by tmorgan » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:53 am

Hello,
Did the unthinkable and updated PHP version from 5.3 to 5.4 on a site hosted with GoDaddy... unfortunately they do not support down-versioning back to 5.3 and the update has rendered our website inaccessible.

website address is www.elitepet.com.au
OpenCart 1.5.5.1
PHP 5.4
MySQL 5.0

Current error on the webpage is 'Error: Could not load database file mysqli.php!'
- config.php setting 'is define('DIR_DATABASE', 'system/database/');'
'define('DB_DRIVER', 'mysqli');'
- mysqli.php file does exist in system/database directory

NOTE: I have put a maintenance page up on the site currently though can take down to assist with investigation.

Have researched a number of articles though I feel I am only opening more cans of worms than fixing the actual issue! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!
Last edited by tmorgan on Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by rjcalifornia » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:47 pm

Did you try this solution:

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide

Post by tmorgan » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:04 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, yes I have undertaken the fix in the post you have shared though are still getting the error: 'Error: Could not load database file mysqli.php!'

Post by daveyoi » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:45 pm

You need the mysqli.php file if you are setting your database as mysqli in config.php

If you dont have it then you can create it copying the content of the file from here

https://github.com/opencart/opencart/bl ... mysqli.php

Tristar Web Solutions

Post by tmorgan » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:33 am

Hi All,

Many thanks for your suggestions, the mysqli.php file was in the path set in config.php & admin\config.php... unfortunately due to the site downtime I initiated a new site based on 3.0.2.0 and manually migrated. (massive effort but happy with the outcome).

Thanks again.