Post by e.user » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:26 pm

My OCMOD destroyed in opencart v2.2 and don't work correctly ...

Now i can install OCMOD ??? My new module work with Ocmod , but ocmod isn't correct ..

How can i do it???

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:18 pm

e.user wrote:My OCMOD destroyed in opencart v2.2 and don't work correctly ...

Now i can install OCMOD ??? My new module work with Ocmod , but ocmod isn't correct ..

How can i do it???
First of all, your description is so cryptic, nobody can help you, unless you provide some more details. The built-in modification system works just in OpenCart. Or are you talking about a 3rd party extension that has OCmod XML file?

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by e.user » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:28 pm

I explain for you better...
i want to install 3rd party extension but get error after Corresponding with developer of extension i found my ocmod had problems , in admin pannel i can't found Modifications so conclude that OCMOD have problems.

Now i don't know the sloutions, Please help me...

Post by OSWorX » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:30 pm

Your (new) description is that confuse, that it reads like:

Hey, I have bought a green car.
But now it is red when I look at.
How can I do it to become it blue?

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by IP_CAM » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:30 am

by painting 'em black! ;D
e.user wrote:in admin pannel i can't found Modifications so conclude that OCMOD have problems.
Well, if your Admin does NOT display the link, then, this usually means, the your Extension cannot find the ANCHOR,
to link it's custom routine into the File, where this routine has to be added to, in order to, by Example, display a href Link in your Admin Section, where it is supposed to show up.

This means, that, without seeing your xxx.ocmod.xml Extension content, it is impossible to find out anything.
BUT, if you also should have VqMod (min. v.2.6.x!) installed in your shop as well, then, just remove/de-install
your seemengly faulty OcMod Extension.
---
THEN, use NOTEPAD++ or another welldone Text Editor, open up your xxx.ocmod.xml and make sure,
that every Line, looking like this:
<operation> ( BUT NOT the </operation> WORD, PLEASE!)
or:
<operation error="skip">
or:
<operation error="anything, but LOG">
is changed to look like this:
<operation error="log">
(should be in any Oc/Vq-Mod, by default, anyway!)
---
THEN, save the file again, and upload the modified xxx.ocmod.xml OcMod, as it comes, into your
SHOP/vqmod/xml/... Subdirectory.

THEN, remove all existing Files in the SHOP/vqmod/vqcache/... Sub, reset/clear out your ADMIN Extension
Section, and reload your Browser a few times in the ADMIN Section. Click a few links to open other Sections, close
them again.

It will still not work, I'm sure ! :D BUT, in your:
SHOP/vqmod/logs/... Sub, and you will find a file, containing the information, what went wrong, in a clear and easy understandable statement, like this one:

Code: Select all

--------- Date: 2016-10-02 19:05:29 ~ IP : 85.4.219.6 ----------
REQUEST URI : /shop/admin/
MOD DETAILS:
File Name    : admin/view/template/setting/setting.tpl(0)
VQModObject::applyMod - SEARCH NOT FOUND (SKIPPED): ahref="#tab-ftp"><?php echo $tab_ftp; ?></a><a
--------- 
telling you, that, in my test case, in my:
admin/view/template/setting/setting.tpl File,
the:
admin_hide_ftp_tab.xml routine could not find, and therefore skipped this command, to hold on to it's ANCHOR/TAG, to link in, in this case, a line, looking absolutely equal to:
ahref="#tab-ftp"><?php echo $tab_ftp; ?></a><a
---
You then have to find out, how this 'seemengly' wrong/missing Line looks like, exactly, AND NOT as it has been searched for, but not found, by the Oc/Vq-Mod Routine. And if you find it, (a little bid different, somewhere) copy the Code Line, as it exists, in your:
setting.tpl Source File, and replace that incorrect Anchor Code line, in your Oc/Vq-Mod,
but without any white Space gaps/holes, or anything, anywhere, otherways, it's still not gonna work, but now
because of this!
---
The underlined Sample Line is, what would need to be changed.
and NO OPEN SPOT, anywhere, before or after this Anchor-Content Line! It has to be tide on to the [and] !
<search position="before"><![CDATA[<div class="page-header">]]></search>
---
Then, it usually works. ;)
Good Luck!
Ernie

PS: Changing to VqMod Version does not mean, that I would not like OcMod, it just means, that I don't like
to use it, as long as it is much more complicated to handle, when it comes to find and understand errors,
and fix them fast. For a constant Fixer, like me ! :D

And one more important Detail:
If your OcMod Extension also contains Subdirectories, containing Custom Files, you need to upload them into their corresponding Shop SubDirectories, to make such an extension work, if you use such Mods, driven/supported by VqMod !

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland