Post by niceandripe » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:08 pm

up until two days ago this worked perfectly, but now when i try to upload an image it doesn't show any images - i just get a blank image manager like this:

i have checked permissions and the folder & files have chmod 777 (for the purpose of testing this) and still nothing.

all image filenames have been checked and changed (where needed) to be lowercase with no spaces.

i have checked the demo site (here) and i can see the images OK so not a browser version problem.

can anyone please help - site was due to go live today and the client is pretty pissed! :(

Post by niceandripe » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:12 pm

forgot to add...
running OC 1.4.7 on linux box

Post by niceandripe » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:16 pm

i checked the server error log and found this:

[Mon Jul 05 14:26:35 2010] [error] [client 90.221.231.238] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 14592 bytes) in /home/vhosts/xxx.com/httpdocs/rts/system/library/image.php on line 34, referer: http://xxx.com/rts/admin/index.php?rout ... ield=image

so i updated my php.ini with:
memory_limit = 128M (it was 32M)

restarted apache and it now works ok

hope this helps someone else!

Post by unknownmale » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:29 pm

i have had this problem recently.

I had uploaded an image via FTP which was too large for the software to handle (ethier by KB size or resolution).

I went in through FTP and deleted the file and also the product from the database (as I had asigned it to a product) and the error was gone.

Post by niceandripe » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:50 pm

yeah - definately an issue and sounds like a very common problem

hopefully something they can fix or provide a decent workaround.

Post by garyjob » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:49 am

Hi I was facing the same problem today, luckily I had firebug installed and managed to check the Ajax packet sent to and as well as the response received back from the server. Apparently if your original file size is too big, the system attempts to rewrite a smaller version at the location /public_html/image/cache/data. If you did not set the file permission property for the folder /public_html/image/cache/ and all sub directories, you will see nothing. in the image panel.

If you looked at the ajax response packet from the server, you would notice a file permission error warning. :)

Cheers
Gary
Singapore Web Designer