Post by asevie » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:47 pm

I tried searching but couldn't find anything related. I have the default installation of Open Cart (Version 2.0.3.1) with no customization.

I have products that have multiple variations, or options, so there is no common base price for said product. The price that is displayed in the product preview is always $0.00. Is there a way to display the variation in price for the product, for example, one product varies from $495.00 to $150. If I put a price in the price field, when the user selects an option it adds the price that I put in the price field plus the price of the option. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Post by MarketInSG » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:18 pm

The simplest way I can think of is to use this extension with a little tweak to your setup: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=20200

This allows you to use the equal sign for the option values. So now you just need to enter the lowest price to your products, add a word 'from' to your theme and use equal signs for all your options instead.

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by flanders » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:54 am

this extension has the option price with prefix + - = *

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=11794

it allows to update the price too....

Color Size Table - A table for Colors and Sizes
Super Options - Options with quantities and calculate the upgrade total price automatically
Live New Price with Options - Update price product selecting options
Custom Plus Options - My Extensions

Location - Italy

Post by asevie » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:55 am

Thanks for the replies! I hate thinking that I need to list the lowest price and then add from there with each option, from a selling stand point it seems to force the buyer to evaluate what he really needs (not a bad thing either) so I ended up pricing with the highest product and then discounting to bring the price down. Forcing the buyer to make the same evaluation but hopefully allowing the buyer to see the value. What would be great is the ability to just show the price range when a product has more than one option.

Post by Loving Beauty » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:06 pm

Hi, I've never had that problem but the way to add more options couldn't be simpler: go into catolog > options then in the top right corner there should be 2 options: insert and delete. Click insert, write the option name, select the type wanted, you can leave the 'sort order' blank next click on 'add option value' then type in your options, may add a photo if desired and then Save. The more options you need just keep clicking 'add option value' Tadda!! Hope this was helpful.

Post by faca5 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:16 am

Hello.

This is very useful when you dont like + or - price with option price. You can simple use = to display price which customer will pay. It works with all custom themes.

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=28021

Izdelava spletne trgovine | Najem spletne trgovine | PHP programiranje