Post by OC2PS » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:38 pm

One of the great features of Opencart is the ability for customers to review.

I struggle with one aspect of this, though: Review section is not language aware i.e. while displaying reviews, it doesn't take into account whether a review was written in EN or DE etc. This leads to a mix of languages within review section, and that's not so great. For someone using 3, 4, or 5 languages, this can be a put off for customers....

Any help or suggestions on how to make product reviews language aware?

OC 2.3.0.2, vQmod 2.6.2, Journal2 theme

My FREE extensions: Rich snippets, FB Likebox, Child theme, Add $x for free shipping, You save $x, Yes to newsletter, Product photos in email, Copy order confirmation email, Top rated items, Most reviewed items, Cant buy Out of Stock items, No tabs, Category menu w/classes, Categories w/thumbnails

OC2PS
Csillámtetoválás,
Csillámtetoválás,
Henna

Location - Hungary

Post by OC2PS » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:01 am

CLARIFICATION

I am not suggesting that opencart should start trying to detect the language in which a review is written.

Rather, all I am suggesting is that if someone writes a review on an english product page, it be recorded as an english review, while if someone writes it on a german product page, it be treated as a german review. That is a good enough heuristic. Then when an english page is displayed, it shows only english reviews, etc.

The product rating should continue to be calculated based on overall ratings, irrespective of language...

OC 2.3.0.2, vQmod 2.6.2, Journal2 theme

My FREE extensions: Rich snippets, FB Likebox, Child theme, Add $x for free shipping, You save $x, Yes to newsletter, Product photos in email, Copy order confirmation email, Top rated items, Most reviewed items, Cant buy Out of Stock items, No tabs, Category menu w/classes, Categories w/thumbnails

OC2PS
Csillámtetoválás,
Csillámtetoválás,
Henna

Location - Hungary