Post by filipburman » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:34 pm

I have problem with my gift vouchers.

Even though a customer uses a gift voucher and total is €0 they get send to Paypal to pay everything except VAT.
I have the free checkout enabled, and I also tried disable the PayPal module and then it says that it's no payment module installed.

Help please :)

Post by MarketInSG » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:44 pm

is the order total 0? and have you tried switching the sort order of tax and vouchers in admin > extensions > order totals

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by filipburman » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:14 am

Thank for your reply,
Yes the total is 0. I tried switching the sort order. But Didn't help. How should I have them sorted?

I have two different payment modules, but it is only the Paypal module that shows when the order total is 0.

Post by steam » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:39 am

i believe OC must have something to place in the 5. Payment Method step...so even though its zero it picks something based on order and places it there. Now to fix your problem, just make sure Free Checkout is enabled in your payments and when someone checkouts with $0, that free checkout will trigger instead of paypal. The customer will then be led to confirm order and will not be directed anywhere since its essentially free.

Free checkout won't trigger >$0

Post by filipburman » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:58 pm

I tried putting something in the cart with a value of €59 then using a gift voucher with a value of €100.
Now the total is blank. Doesn't say €0. And now it triggers the Free Checkout but it still triggers the paypal module as well.

Post by MarketInSG » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:59 pm

the paypal module will show up no matter what. Set 'free checkout' to have a smaller sort order than paypal, so free checkout will be on top when available.

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by steam » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:22 pm

Actually i just tested this on mine. When I reach payments, it shows Paypal, i add my voucher to make it free, it rescans and Paypal disappears and Free Checkout appears in its place. THen i head to last page to Confirm, and completes at Thank you page. No paypal redirect.

hmmm since both of you are experiencing this, i wonder what i did to make mine behave this way...

edit: got it!...in paypal express, make sure the value in this is like 0.1...

Code: Select all

Total:
The checkout total the order must reach before this payment method becomes active.
that way, ppe won't show for 0 cost checkouts

Post by mkp007 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:34 am

So the PayPal payment module has the option to become active for order totals above a certain amount, can anyone provide an edit to the "Free Shipping" module so that it becomes active for orders under a certain amount (like less than 10 cents)?

Vorticy, Inc.
Opencart 1.5.6.4, MySQL 5.1.73-5, PHP 5.3.3-46, Plesk v12.0.18, OS CentOS 6