Post by TreasureofDreams » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:12 pm

I need to know how to setup my state sales tax to work with store pickup orders.

For example: The store is located in OH and when a customer makes a purchase in PA but I want to come to the store to pickup the item then the sales tax for OH would be applied even they live in PA.

I need to know which selection need to be done on the Settings - Options.

Do I need to make another tax rate class for store pickup even though its the same as my OH sales tax?

On Shipping how do I get the option for Store Pickup to activate during checkout to make all this work without a shipping charge being added to the order.

Any help would greatly be appreciated it. Also, willing to pay for the help if not too costly.

Post by Johnathan » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:06 am

If you need the tax conditional upon a shipping choice, you'll need to get an extension. You could set up taxes normally for OH to apply, and then when Store Pickup is selected, you could use Shipping-Based Fee/Discount for the tax amount. You'd set up a fee that applies only when Store Pickup is chosen.

Note that that wouldn't actually be a tax, so it wouldn't be reflected in the tax reports. If you wanted to have the actual tax apply, you'd need someone to modify the system so that it adds tax properly.

If you need to find a developer, I recommend you post a request in the OpenCart "Commercial Support" forum, which is checked by a number of OpenCart developers. You can also try checking out the OpenCart "Partners" area if you haven't already.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator