Post by pragan » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:35 am

Hi,

I recently tried opencart and I like it . I have a quick question, when I add a product to the shopping cart and if I am idle even less than a minute and if I navigate to a page, the cart becomes "0" items. For example,
if I click on a product "add to cart" from the home page, and i go to this page http://www.abc.com/index.php?route=prod ... duct_id=46. I can see the shopping cart with selected no of items, but after sometime, if I even click the logo to go to home page, it becomes "0" items.

I guess it dint happen when I tried this in localhost but it happens in the live site. I tried checking the php.ini, and tired max_execution time to some different time, but that dint' help. Please let me know why the items in the cart are not carried?

the url doesnt have https, does it affect?

regards

Post by Daniel » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:10 pm

change your php.ini to extend the session time length.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by pragan » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:19 pm

Hi,

thank you for the reply. Are you talking about the ini file that is on the server(hosting) or in the one that is avaialble in the open cart software?

Post by Qphoria » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:43 pm

the one that comes with opencart. whenever you use a php.ini file in the root path, most webhosts allow that to overrride the main one

Administrator

Post by pragan » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:37 am

Hi,

Thanks again. I tired changing the time for session.gc_maxlifetime inside the php.ini located inside open cart software(in my case its htdocs/php.ini.)) and still I am seeing "0" items in the cart. Can you please help me out?

Post by pragan » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:13 pm

Hi,

Please help me.
This is what I have now based on the php.ini from demo.opencart.com. Still I don't see the result. It removes the items from the cart. Do you think restarting the apache server will fix this?

magic_quotes_gpc = Off;
register_globals = Off;
default_charset = UTF-8;
memory_limit = 128M;
max_execution_time = 18000;
max_upload_filesize = 8M;
safe_mode = Off;
mysql.connect_timeout = 60;
session.use_cookies = On;
session.use_trans_sid = Off;
session.cookie_lifetime = 12000000;
session.gc_maxlifetime = 12000000;

regards

Post by dramony » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:27 am

My site is working and this is my php.ini:

magic_quotes_gpc = Off;
register_globals = Off;
default_charset = UTF-8;
safe_mode = Off;
mysql.connect_timeout = 20;

Post by pragan » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:17 am

Hi,

I tried what you said but nothing helps. In your ini file, there is no sessions defined but I guess you were depending on the default ini file. If there is anything else I should try, please let me know.

regards

Post by dramony » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:04 pm

I dont know if this is connected with Pragan's post or not but i got this error

Code: Select all

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Too many connections in /home/www/woolfs-online.com/system/database/mysql.php on line 6
Error: Could not make a database connection using tracy30_wolfcart@localhost
Warning: mysql_close(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/www/woolfs-online.com/system/database/mysql.php on line 65
what should i do?