Post by jewellerstore » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:50 pm

Hi
I tried to update VQMOD and I must have done something wrong as I can't access admin or the website.
I need help on this one!

Post by tacobandito » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:29 am

By update VQMOD, you mean you downloaded the newest version and extracted/uploaded it?

Did you run /vqmod/install again?
Try clearing the VQMOD cache manually via ftp.

EDIT: When you say you can't access the site, do you just get a white screen? If so, that's almost always PHP errors! If you can, check the error logs (or turn on error reporting) and see what's there. That should help us Forum trolls determine what's wrong.
Last edited by tacobandito on Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[module] PayPal Pro w/Recurring Profiles FREE
[module] 1 Click "Amazon Style" Checkout w/PayPal Pro FREE
[module] Adjustable PayPal Pro Fee FREE
[module] Add Sample To Cart LITE FREE
The guide to fixing just about everything wrong with OpenCart FREE!
Add INFINITE SCROLL to your homepage for FREE!
Live update product price for FREE!
Dynamic generation of Opencart coupon, FREE!
Hire me

Location - Springfield, MA

Post by butte » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:36 pm

Version? Remember what you did originally -- you sent up the vqmod fileset (it has its own little tree, in /vqmod/), you let it rewrite both index.php files, and both config.php files were already written. Is it the correct version of two, one generic and one specifically for OC? That you "can't access admin or the website" means that something is wrong with the two index.php files themselves. Compare their first few lines with originals (in your OC .zip file's /upload/ tree). See what the /vqmod/logs/ and /system/logs/ say that is concurrent with reloading the browser. Agree, flush /vqmod/mods.cache and /vqmod/vqcache/ but also flush /system/cache/.

Guru Member

Post by jewellerstore » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:03 am

Hi
It was definitely the OC version. I have tried as suggested emptying the cache's but it hasn't helped.
It is indeed the white screen I am getting. Would it be easier (if your willing) to give one of you guys ftp access as you know what your looking at more than I do?

Post by tacobandito » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:04 am

generally not the smartest idea...I know I'm a good guy, and butte has a million posts on here so I'm sure he's good too, but still!

That said, do you know how to check your error log? If you could post that, chances are we can help you out!

[module] PayPal Pro w/Recurring Profiles FREE
[module] 1 Click "Amazon Style" Checkout w/PayPal Pro FREE
[module] Adjustable PayPal Pro Fee FREE
[module] Add Sample To Cart LITE FREE
The guide to fixing just about everything wrong with OpenCart FREE!
Add INFINITE SCROLL to your homepage for FREE!
Live update product price for FREE!
Dynamic generation of Opencart coupon, FREE!
Hire me

Location - Springfield, MA

Post by keiron1992 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:35 am

Can you still get into the admin side?

Location - Birmingham, West Midlands, Uk

Post by jewellerstore » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:24 am

Cheers tacobandito, in hindsight I've gotta agree with you!
No I'm not sure about error logs.
Kieron, can't get into admin.

Post by butte » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:50 pm

"Version?" "It was definitely the OC version." The question sought a number, the answer didn't give a number. It is expected (and a Rule) that you should start with your version number even if it does not seem relevant at the time.

Logs are in two standard places: /system/logs/ usually at error.txt, and /vqmod/logs/ named by days of the week. You will not need to post entire logs, by now they may be voluminous. Errors, Warnings, Notices, and information will appear in patterns. We need one of them, not all of them.

You'll probably see why you should archive or at least prune your logs periodically, even at close intervals. If you remove them, they'll start anew right away when the next Error, Warning, Notice, or information is thrown. Unchecked they continue to grow. The largest I've encountered were two that each exceeded TWO GIGAbytes. They cannot effectively even be read long before they reach that size.

Guru Member

Post by jewellerstore » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:40 pm

OC version 1.5.6.1 and vQmod 2.4.1
The vQmod log is empty, the system log error.txt is attached (quite big as you suspected! but not 2 Gb!)

Post by butte » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:20 am

(1) The log is long overdue to be archived and forced to begin anew. It starts 2012-01-04 22:23:10, and in the attachment runs through 2014-01-30 9:40:26. There are 2,066 lines -- 564 in all of 2012, 1,893 in all of 2013, and 609 in the first three weeks of 2014. You're making headway, the errors have changed while becoming more frequent.

There are THREE SETS that matter at the moment:

(2) These have gone on and on and on . . .

2014-01-22 10:03:31 - PHP Notice: Error: Table 'web166-a-open-13.oc_product_profile' doesn't exist<br />Error No: 1146<br />SELECT `pd`.* FROM `oc_product_profile` `pp` JOIN `oc_profile_description` `pd` ON `pd`.`language_id` = 1 AND `pd`.`profile_id` = `pp`.`profile_id` JOIN `oc_profile` `p` ON `p`.`profile_id` = `pd`.`profile_id` WHERE `product_id` = 708 AND `status` = 1 AND `customer_group_id` = 8 ORDER BY `sort_order` ASC in /home/sites/taskeight.com/public_html/thejewellerstore.co.uk/system/database/mysql.php on line 50
2014-01-22 12:55:50 - PHP Notice: Undefined index: play in /home/sites/taskeight.com/public_html/thejewellerstore.co.uk/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-admin_view_template_common_header.tpl on line 127

The first occurs ad nauseum then stops with the 2014-01-22 10:03:31 entry. The second occurs ad nauseum after starting with the 2014-01-22 12:55:50 entry. The second one is part of your current problem.

First flush your /vqmod/mods.cache, /vqmod/vqcache/, and /system/cache/ files (leave zero-byte index.html) and retry AFTER taking care of the next one (3). Caches are memories of what was. Flushing them forces awareness of what is.

(3) These start with the problem and then two consequences are also triggered -- perhaps you are using JNeuhoff's free export/import tool and did not give it breathing room (or a big enough thinking cap) . . .

2014-01-30 9:40:14 - PHP Fatal Error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 64 bytes) in /home/sites/taskeight.com/public_html/thejewellerstore.co.uk/system/PHPExcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Style/Supervisor.php on line 123
2014-01-30 9:40:15 - PHP Notice: Undefined index: play in /home/sites/taskeight.com/public_html/thejewellerstore.co.uk/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-admin_view_template_common_header.tpl on line 127
2014-01-30 9:40:26 - PHP Notice: Undefined index: play in /home/sites/taskeight.com/public_html/thejewellerstore.co.uk/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-admin_view_template_common_header.tpl on line 127

You need to allow more memory. It is allowed 64M (the 67.108864 meg is equivalent in machine arithmetic) and needs more for whatever it is trying to do. In either host control panel or your two php.ini files, try setting these:

memory_limit = 512M;
max_execution_time = 36000;
post_max_size = 999M;
upload_max_filesize = 998M;

Note that post_max must exceed upload_max by at least a little bit (1M is enough). Keep mem allowances in powers of two (2-4-8-16-32, in . . . 64-128-256-512-1024 megs); otherwise, haywire starts happening.

(4) It may be worth noting that when there is no compelling reason to look first-hand via ftp or other access, most of us will prefer just to venture a solution or just to chew on it together till one comment triggers a solution (that can go on for a little while when all of us are probing best guesses, before somebody sees the solution). When one or another of us sees a definite reason for seeing first-hand what ftp or other access may show or may allow to be done, we will ordinarily let that be known via PM. Sometimes there are just simple alternatives that a quick look will resolve, but sometimes the bottom fell out and either offers to look will be ventured by PM or instead access and a plea just arrive in PM. Both sides will have a sense of surety, urgency, and comfort before the access is on the table or moreover is used.

Guru Member