Post by AntCyWeb » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:52 pm

Hi,

I have opencart version 1.5.2.1 and i notice that in Administration -> Sales -> Customers list, customers have many added products in there shopping carts that they did not added manually, also i notice that many of them have the same IP address in the ip column but when i click edit on a customer i see two ips with the one which is same to more than 10 customers!

How i could remove those extra assigned ip and what it cause that which make conflict to customers shopping carts and when one customer order products all the products chosen are going also to the shopping cart of others customers that assigned wrong with the same ip!

Any ideas why this is happening? how can i fix this malfunction?
Last edited by AntCyWeb on Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Location - EU

Post by butte » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:39 am

If the orders are not genuine, then you can blacklist that address. If the orders are genuine, then you (and OC) might be seeing a shared address, such as when several people visit the same coffee house or library or other sort of public establishment with wi-fi service. If you (and OC) see more than one address per person, then each is using more than one address. The address will be the router's wan (wide area address) if the customers are sharing wi-fi from within a lan (local area network) behind the router, where you (and OC) will probably not see their machine's own lan rather than shared wan addresses.

Guru Member

Post by AntCyWeb » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:45 pm

Hi,

After some checks is more clear that for some reason many customers from different locations assigned the same ip! for example a customer from one country have the same ip as other customer in different country!!

Also, the persons having the same ip, when one of them add products to its shopping card, those products also added to other customers shopping card which is totally wrong!!!

How i could fix that issue so not to assign same ips; if i block that ip means that most probably will block a customer, also that process will not fix the issue since many customers for some reason get the same ips!! which some ips are different and to multible customers! which we have to find out what might cause this!!

Location - EU

Post by AntCyWeb » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:12 pm

hi,

I finally find the way to fix the ips from the mysql db but the issues is still happening, when in the customers want to Login to a customers store to check the shopping card and make the tests, again give to others my public ip address and all get my ip address then what ever they order all goes to all shopping cards that got my public ip!!

any ideas how to fix this mulfunction of opencart v.1.5.2.1?

Location - EU

Post by butte » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:48 pm

Hunch. From "shopping cards that got my public ip" it appears that your internal handoffs when index.php loops (reiterates to a new ?route) the result is repointed to your own IP, so look at your .htaccess to see whether you deviated from what the # commented lines say about setting up for OC itself. Even a seemingly trivial typographical error is not trivial, and you may have done more than that. Also look at all HTTP, HTTPS, DIR sections of both config.php to ensure that the machine knows what to do after it has read .htaccess in the first place.

Guru Member

Post by frano8 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:36 pm

Hi,

Ive come across a very similar issue on a fresh install of opencart 3?

Did this every get fully diagnosed please?

Frano