Post by CayceGUW » Tue May 14, 2013 11:21 pm

Version 1.5.5.1
has a php.ini file.
no known last update.
no known recently installed mods.

When I save a product I get kicked to the store front. Description below.

If edit a product that contains a number with a percent sign afterward it does not save. (100%)... If same post place the % before number (%100) problem does not occur. If I place a space after the number it still does not allow me to save.

In error log receive this Undefined variable: filter_name, but is unrelated to problem since can be deleted and problem still occurs

http://store.americanwaterservicesinc.c ... duct_id=56

The product above was done before me. Has a 100% and works. If I edit it without deleting or changing anything and try to save it kicks me to the front page.

Please let me know if you have seen this issue before and can provide a link. I will continue to look around! Thanks.

Post by rph » Wed May 15, 2013 2:31 am

That's a strange one.

1) If you have an .htaccess file in your admin folder try disabling it and seeing what happens. Perhaps there's some redirect occurring.
2) Try encoding the percent sign in the source view as % (it should get done automatically but who knows).
3) Use Firebug to check out your POST and GET values.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by CayceGUW » Wed May 15, 2013 2:36 am

Good point on the encoding I forgot to mention I attempted that and it works to post, but it did not post the % sign it posted the actual content of the &... I'll go ahead and try the htaccess stuff and see if firebug does give me any extra and let you know asap!

Post by CayceGUW » Wed May 15, 2013 2:53 am

rph wrote:That's a strange one.

1) If you have an .htaccess file in your admin folder try disabling it and seeing what happens. Perhaps there's some redirect occurring.
2) Try encoding the percent sign in the source view as % (it should get done automatically but who knows).
3) Use Firebug to check out your POST and GET values.
So I found out that the .htaccess file was still labeled as .htaccess.txt so I activated that didn't solve it so I deleted it (still saved on local now) didn't fix it.. instead what it does is gives me a "Page not found" error instead of taking me to the home... I looked at the post variables and I saw the % in the variable, but I'm not sure what to look for in what was wrong..

Hopefully this makes sense... and did double check the % place in for the %. Didn't work either :(

Post by rph » Wed May 15, 2013 8:01 am

Don't worry about the htaccess then.

When you say storefront do you mean the storefront or do you mean the admin login area?

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by CayceGUW » Wed May 15, 2013 9:18 pm

I mean the store front the welcome screen a person sees. http://store.americanwaterservicesinc.com/...

it also has parameters attached to the end of it that are related to the updating of the product.

Post by rph » Thu May 16, 2013 1:56 am

The only thing I could advise at this point is to try different web browsers and disable any recent mods you've installed. Otherwise you've hit a problem that's esoteric enough that it will require a developer to look through code and server responses.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by CayceGUW » Thu May 16, 2013 3:30 am

rph wrote:The only thing I could advise at this point is to try different web browsers and disable any recent mods you've installed. Otherwise you've hit a problem that's esoteric enough that it will require a developer to look through code and server responses.
as far as I can tell no mods... any way I can get a developer to speak with me to double check this?

rph
Expert Member

Post by alexh2084 » Thu May 30, 2013 8:35 pm

I have the same problem.
Running Opencart 1.5.5.1
I'm trying to save/edit a product that has in the description the word "CD" and I get redirected to frontend with a Page not found message.

Post by CayceGUW » Thu May 30, 2013 9:51 pm

alexh2084 wrote:I have the same problem.
Running Opencart 1.5.5.1
I'm trying to save/edit a product that has in the description the word "CD" and I get redirected to frontend with a Page not found message.
Sadly there has not been a solution provided for this... I'm sorry.