Post by LanceP » Tue May 07, 2013 9:47 pm

Using OpenCart Version 1.5.5.1

Just installed OpenCart yesterday. Categories are not showing up on the product/links screen.

I have 2 categories set up and enabled but when I edit a product and go to the LINK tab to identify the category a product is be put into, the category field is blank. No category names are displayed for me to choose one.

Note: When I first started setting OpenCart up, I deleted all categories and all products.

Post by jiao » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:33 am

I have the same exact issue. If it makes any difference, I also renamed my admin folder.

Does anyone know what the issue might be. I also can not see the "options" when trying to add them to the product....

Post by jiao » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:24 am

Hey LanceP,

I figured it out, as it turns out it is not an error, that is the way it is.

So what you do is start typing the category name in the box and it will then pop up for you to select it, or you can type % and it will show a list of the categories.

IMHO this should be like every other cart and simply list them all from a menu where I can simply click to select. The way it is now is not too intuitive. Anyhow, hope that helps. Peace.

Post by kzmz » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:25 pm

thanks for that % note.

But is that field changeable somehow to maybe dropdown or some other type of field?

maybe with vqmod?

thanks

Post by LordThanatos » Sun May 13, 2018 5:51 pm

Because of a flaw in my personality I have to inadvertently bump this topic by mentioning that this is apparently still a thing in 3.0.2.0. and it's still annoying. An most importantly counterintuitive... A regular dropdown menu would be much better. I cost me 7 minutes of my life. Nine if you count me typing this message. Might be a nice thing to fix for a next release. In the meantime I'll work on my personality.

OpenCart 3.0.2.0. in English & Dutch
Extensions: Inverted Dark Opencart Theme // Dependent Options // PDF Invoice Pro // (2.x/3.x) New Returns E-mail // iSenseLabs GDPR // (2.x/3.x) Total-Based Shipping // PostNL Wereld OC3.x