Post by nongetjie » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:22 pm

Good afternoon,

I'm having an issue with which I hope someone can point me in the direction of solving.

I have a extension (VQmod) installed which can filter products by manufacturer, using url ?manufacturer_filter=55

This works fine for products which are inserted through the admin. But I also have a script which can import products from my supplier, and the filter does not find these products. It does almost exact the same as inserting a product through the admin (I took the queries from that model), but apparently not everything that needs to be done to make the product be found with the filter.

Now when I edit an imported product and save, the product can immediately be found with the filter. So it looks like something is 'set' through the admin which is not set in the importer.

I've checked al tables that should contain information for this like 'product', 'product_to_category' and 'product_description' and all info is there.

So where can I look to check what is going wrong? Is there some 'cache' for the products/filter which is cleared only through admin? Or am I forgetting to insert values in a table needed for the filter to find the product?

In the source code I can't find anything that arranges for ?manufacturer_filter=55 to perform a query (also not in the extension xml), but it seems to work for products inserted through admin. So I don't think the extension is the problem, but my method of inserting products.

Any help will be appreciated

New member

Posts

Joined
Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:28 pm

Post by nongetjie » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:40 pm

Attached a screenshot to better explain the issue. The dropdown says 12 articles, which is correct. But only five are shown:the products inserted through admin. Products that I have imported through a script are not shown here, although they are perfectly ok and show up everywhere else in the shop.

Attachments

Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 08.37.36.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 08.37.36.png (134.76 KiB) Viewed 159 times


New member

Posts

Joined
Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:28 pm

Post by IP_CAM » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:14 pm

I have a extension (VQmod) installed ...
It does almost exact the same ...
But I also have a script which can import products ...
Well, this sounds like calling a Doctor, and telling him, that
it hurts real bad, but you don't know where, and why ... :laugh:
But better don't expect anyone, to know, what you're talking about,
as long as you do not deliever anything on any value, not even an
OC Version and the Theme used. :-\
But did you at least activate those Products, in the Admin Product Section ?
Ernie

For Sale: Top URL's, including an OpenCart V-Pro Shop!
A wide range of matching Designs can be seen here: http://www.opencart.li
For Information on URL's offered, please contact me at: jti@jacob.ch
Hundreds of Mods in 380+ Repositories for OC v.1.5.x - v.2.3.x
to be found on my Github Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
Image


User avatar
Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:37 am
Location - Switzerland

Post by nongetjie » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:34 am

IP_CAM wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:14 pm
I have a extension (VQmod) installed ...
It does almost exact the same ...
But I also have a script which can import products ...
Well, this sounds like calling a Doctor, and telling him, that
it hurts real bad, but you don't know where, and why ... :laugh:
But better don't expect anyone, to know, what you're talking about,
as long as you do not deliever anything on any value, not even an
OC Version and the Theme used. :-\
But did you at least activate those Products, in the Admin Product Section ?
Ernie
OC 1.5.6
Theme: Aquacart
Extension: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=13915

Extension is not the issue, since it's also happening with other extensions with the same functionality

Yes products are enabled ofcourse. On a database level there seems to be no difference between the products.

Maybe lets put it another way: can anyone point me to the file that executes the query that decides which products are shown on the category page when using a filter?

New member

Posts

Joined
Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:28 pm

Post by IP_CAM » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:39 am

Did you make sure, that they are linked to a Category in the DB ?
Ernie
---
Image

Attachments

oc_product_to_category_db_section.jpg

oc_product_to_category_db_section.jpg (211.22 KiB) Viewed 95 times


For Sale: Top URL's, including an OpenCart V-Pro Shop!
A wide range of matching Designs can be seen here: http://www.opencart.li
For Information on URL's offered, please contact me at: jti@jacob.ch
Hundreds of Mods in 380+ Repositories for OC v.1.5.x - v.2.3.x
to be found on my Github Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
Image


User avatar
Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:37 am
Location - Switzerland

Post by nongetjie » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:00 pm

Yes, the products appear in the corresponding category, but when I start filtering, the imported products don't appear in the filter results.

Below 2 screenshots from db.

12975 is the imported product, 12996 is inserted through admin

Attachments

Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 08.58.23.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 08.58.23.png (37.72 KiB) Viewed 87 times

Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 08.58.13.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 08.58.13.png (47.19 KiB) Viewed 87 times

Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 08.57.37.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 08.57.37.png (17.02 KiB) Viewed 87 times


New member

Posts

Joined
Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:28 pm
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 99 guests