Post by PlugGuy » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:31 am

For many years our site has been set up where a customer can go to Product -> Brand -> That Product for That Brand -> but then click again to select colors on second page.

As we begin to revise and update our site, we want to reduce the number of clicks, and I believe this can be achieved in the .csv download under categories and/or product ID.

The two things we want to do are: eliminate the second to last step - so Product -> Brand -> That Product for That Brand WITH color drop down (as in last page example above, bypassing the intermediate page).

Second thing we want is to redirect if a customer selects Brand G, and we want their landing page to be Brand B because it includes all relevant and related product, is that accomplished in Category ID, Parent ID, under Categories tab or Products Tab?

Tested a few times, cleared cache, but not yet resolved.

Thanks.

Chief Plug Guy
BumperPlugs.com

Post by IP_CAM » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:31 am

go to Product -> Brand -> That Product for That Brand -> but then click again
to select colors on second page.
Well, to be honest, I have no idea on what you're talking about,
and I am probably not the only one. :choke:
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by PlugGuy » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:21 am

:)

Yeah, figured it was confusing the way I wrote it. I'll figure out better language and make it happen. The biggest issue for us right now is making a Click Brand B and it goes to Brand A. Just having some issues trying to make that work.

Chief Plug Guy
BumperPlugs.com

Post by PlugGuy » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:15 pm

Clarifying:

On our site, we list vehicle makes for our products. If a customer is looking for BumperPlugs for a Jeep, rather than land on the Jeep page, we want them to land on the Chrysler page. Simple as that. We have Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge all listed as makes, but we want to steer related makes to one page (in this case, Chrysler).

Secondly, when a customer selects BumperPlugs, then Make (say, Ford), they land on a primary page 'BumperPlugs for Ford' and must click the item title to go to the next page, which displays the entire color drop down selector. We want to skip the intermediate page and if they click BumperPlugs, then Ford, land on the final Ford page that gives them the color list.

I suspect this is all in the category ID or related columns of the CSV download/upload, but after several attempts, nothing seems to solve it. Also tried within the admin side for related categories for each item, but still no love.

Thanks.

Chief Plug Guy
BumperPlugs.com

Post by IP_CAM » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:59 am

Well, your problem cannot be solved by free forum assistance, it's a highly
custom matter, and you better find a Professional, able to assist on such. :-\
Good Luck !
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by PlugGuy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:29 am

Thanks Ernie. Revisions are underway to move to a newer o/c version, and we'll figure something out once that's done. Thought this would be a very simple adjustment to the categories/etc, but sounds like it's beyond the basics. Thanks for listening.

Chief Plug Guy
BumperPlugs.com