Post by mxmark » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:39 am

Okay hopefully this may be a simple fix for most, but for a noob like me I'm really struggling to figure it out???

First off, I'm using the OC 1.5.6.4 platform, I have 3 x shipping methods which are as follows:
1)Free UK Shipping.
2)European Shipping.
3)Rest of the world shipping.

Currently, if someone adds a product to their cart, they go to the checkout page and they either click the button saying 'Estimate Shipping & Taxes' and they get the popup asking them which shipping method to choose to apply to their order, or they go directly to the checkout page to fill out all their details.

At the present time, if a customer goes directly to the checkout page, the 'Free UK Shipping' radio button is already pre-selected. This is NOT what I want, so my question is thus, is there a way to set the shipping methods so none of them are selected, forcing the customer to select their correct shipping method? And if they overlook the shipping method via checking out, they get a popup or reminder message saying 'Please select your correct shipping method?'

Just a note: I know with the standard OC checkout procedure it's a little difficult to overlook the shipping method as each stage is presented to the customer one by one, however, I'm using the 'Ajax Quick Checkout' extension which although is very good, the shipping method can be easily overlooked as I've seen for myself

Look forward to your suggestions ;)

Location - Greater Manchester, UK

Post by ndim_pro » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:20 pm

Anyone with a solution on this???

Location - Thessaloniki, Greece

Post by kestas » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:26 pm

Hi
find in your /catalog/view/theme/theme_name/template/checkout/shipping_method.tpl default should be line 16...

Code: Select all

<input type="radio" name="shipping_method" value="<?php echo $quote['code']; ?>" id="<?php echo $quote['code']; ?>" checked="checked" />
change to:

<input type="radio" name="shipping_method" value="<?php echo $quote['code']; ?>" id="<?php echo $quote['code']; ?>" />
Thats all

Cheers

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by ndim_pro » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:00 pm

kestas wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:26 pm
Hi
find in your /catalog/view/theme/theme_name/template/checkout/shipping_method.tpl default should be line 16...

<input type="radio" name="shipping_method" value="<?php echo $quote['code']; ?>" id="<?php echo $quote['code']; ?>" checked="checked" />
change to:

<input type="radio" name="shipping_method" value="<?php echo $quote['code']; ?>" id="<?php echo $quote['code']; ?>" />
Thats all

Cheers
That's great, thank you!

The only problem now, is, that when I move on to complete my order, it does not (correctly) but no message appears to prompt me to choose a shipping method.
Any idea?

Post by kestas » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:29 pm

ndim_pro wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:00 pm

That's great, thank you!

The only problem now, is, that when I move on to complete my order, it does not (correctly) but no message appears to prompt me to choose a shipping method.
Any idea?
Hmmm I have checked on my demo OC1.5.6.4 working fine and warning message appear.

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by ndim_pro » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:34 pm

My version is 2.3.0.2 and no warning message to select a shipping method. It just wont go on...

Post by ndim_pro » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:42 pm

At /catalog/controller/checkout/shipping_method.php
I found this piece of code at line 114 and I assume it would be enough to do the trick, but it doesn't...

if (!isset($this->request->post['shipping_method'])) {
			$json['error']['warning'] = $this->language->get('error_shipping');
		} else {
			$shipping = explode('.', $this->request->post['shipping_method']);

if (!isset($shipping[0]) || !isset($shipping[1]) || !isset($this->session->data['shipping_methods'][$shipping[0]]['quote'][$shipping[1]])) {
				$json['error']['warning'] = $this->language->get('error_shipping');
			}
		}

Post by kestas » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:55 pm

ndim_pro wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:34 pm
My version is 2.3.0.2 and no warning message to select a shipping method. It just wont go on...
I have checked my demo OC2.3 all working fine with default installation. No need edit any additional file. Warning message appear when shipping methods are unchecked.
So maybe you have some module installed or something else which can cause this.

Cheers

Post by herve11170 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:22 pm

Hi, I have exactly the same problem, no warning message showing if not selected radio button. I don't understant. Can someone help me?

Post by ndim_pro » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:11 pm

herve11170 wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:22 pm
Hi, I have exactly the same problem, no warning message showing if not selected radio button. I don't understant. Can someone help me?
I have found no solution to this neither, so I gave up on it.