Post by ADD Creative » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:20 pm

Daniel wrote:
allenshea wrote:Most function of OC is good, But the search function is really bad.

Back to 1.5.3, we can search tab samsung
http://demo.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... %20samsung

But upgrade to 1.5.4, you can get nothing if use tab samsung, you have to use the words of TAB or SAMSUNG.

the demo is 1.5.3
I think that's his point. If you search for "samsung 941bw" in 1.5.3 the Samsung SyncMaster 941BW comes up in the results.

If you search for "samsung 941bw" in 1.5.4, nothing comes up in the results.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by Daniel » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:51 am

no matter what i do to change the search algorithm people always complain.

this is whats coming in 1.5.5

product filters
extension and vqmod installer
auto updater
improved installer / upgrade script

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by ADD Creative » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:25 am

I've done a pull request about the search. https://github.com/opencart/opencart/pull/131/files

With this if you search for "samsung 941bw" the Samsung SyncMaster 941BW comes up in the results. And if you search "tab Samsung" you will get the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 in the results.

If Daniel doesn't want to add the change, anyone wanting search to work like this should be able to follow the changes in the files on GitHub.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by i2Paq » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:33 am

I rather have a Pull from the Github that fixes the bugs in 1.5.4.1 instead of getting a new version with new features and thus new bugs.

I just build a complete store on 1.5.4.1 in the hope that we finally would also see a Bugfix release now we have Github....

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by olimax » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:25 am

Well said
I have been going backwards through versions and associated posts trying to find one with all bugs fixed without much joy.
AS all programmers know it is always tempting to concentrate on to new features rather than fix minor bugs but lets get a stable version and lock it down before moving on.
But all credit to Daniel for the hard work

Location - Barcelona & London

Post by ADD Creative » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:10 am

This is a collection of fixes I have extracted from GitHub. Maybe helpful for anyone having trouble finding them.

Warning there may be mistakes in there or ones I've missed.

Attachments

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by crispylettuce » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:46 pm

ADD Creative wrote:This is a collection of fixes I have extracted from GitHub. Maybe helpful for anyone having trouble finding them.

\

Im new to opencart, is there not 'official' updates zips like this released ? or is the only way update bugfixes to have help like your update zip?

I realise there is fixes on the GitHub, but to be honest looks intimidating to me :-)

Im on 1.5.4 btw, i assume i should look into the bugfixes for this version and 'repair' the bugs?

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:26 am

There are indeed fixes on Github. However, at the moment it only seems to be using a single main branch, hence it will also include new and possibly unfinished features, e.g. the new extension/manager, FTP settings, etc.

There are no sub branches with bugfix releases only. This is something which we have been asking for ages and would be nice to have. I ended up always doing my own bugfixes in loads of little vqmod xml scripts for each release I used on live sites. Hopefully Daniel or Qphoria will now release proper bugfix releases in the future, now that the source repository is on Github.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by liviaperri367 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:37 pm

Thanks for your work

Post by uNeverNo » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:53 am

Yes, I think we need to have a stable version while the newer version is being developed. Many big open source projects provide users with stable versions as well as beta versions. This will definitely increase the number of opencart users.

Post in the forum yet no one's willing to help? Contact me for free opencart coding or configuration assistance. Reach me at uneverno1986#gmail.com(replace # with @). But no free extension development request. Sorry about that :( It could take a few days to make a complicated mod.

If you feel I have helped, a donation is optional and appreciated. Image

Post by SelfMan » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:01 pm

I would too very welcome a "stable+fixes only" and a "new feature" branches.

Post by mrbill » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:05 pm

uNeverNo wrote:Yes, I think we need to have a stable version while the newer version is being developed. Many big open source projects provide users with stable versions as well as beta versions. This will definitely increase the number of opencart users.
This has been suggested before. Apparently the 1.5 releases are the feature release with 1.4 being the "stable".

Post by denniagungpambudi » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:12 pm

Hi, admin,

I have a problem with export / import tool version 1.5.4.x. After exporting the files, the exported products and categories delete all the existing ones.

Can you help me with this?

Thanks.

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:35 pm

denniagungpambudi wrote:Hi, admin,

I have a problem with export / import tool version 1.5.4.x. After exporting the files, the exported products and categories delete all the existing ones.

Thanks.
First of all, the Export does not delete any products on the server. Only the Import deletes all products and cartegories before doing the Import. This is by design.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by merry » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:23 am

I just finished the FREE illustrated Updater or "WHAT'S NEW IN OPENCART 1.5.4.1" to help store owners decide if they should upgrade.

OpenCart 1.5.4.1 added five cool new features, plus five improvements and five bug fixes. I test each of the cool new features and discuss them in detail, with big screenshots and instructions.

Also all owners of the OpenCart 1.5 User Manual should download this free 10-page Updater so they have all the current info.

http://oscmanuals.com/whats-opencart-fr ... le-50.html

Enjoy!
Merry

p.s. On the last page of the updater there is a discount on the full ebook User Manual, or a free ebook with purchase of the paperback from Amazon.

Most answers are from my OpenCart 1.5 User Manual CURRENT TO 1.5.5.1 and includes free updates.
FREE HELP! 60-page user guide with OpenCart Admin Menu Cheatsheet, Install Guide & 30 Minute QuickStart Guide: http://showmeguides.com/

Location - Mexico and sometimes Texas

Post by denniagungpambudi » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:21 am

JNeuhoff wrote:
denniagungpambudi wrote:Hi, admin,

Thanks.
First of all, the Export does not delete any products on the server. Only the Import deletes all products and cartegories before doing the Import. This is by design.
Thanks for your explanation and your hard work for doing this. But, any other 'free' (not 'premium' so I don't need to buy) ways in doing import such that the existing products and categories will not be deleted from DB after the next importing?

I hope you will give me some alternatives.

Thanks.

Post by Calcite » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:57 am

ADD Creative wrote:This is a collection of fixes I have extracted from GitHub. Maybe helpful for anyone having trouble finding them.

I don't really understand the git hub stuff, but are the files in your zip a direct replacement for the older files in 1.5.4.1, in other words can I replace the equivalent files in OC with your zipped files and that is it patched?

Thanks,

Al

Post by ADD Creative » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:53 am

Yes, as long as you have not modified any of the files you are replacing. You might have to apply some if the fixes to the .tpl files manually if you are not using the default theme. I would recommend testing first before you update a working store to make sure it doesn't effect any extensions or vQmods.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by dj-jackal » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:00 am

Daniel wrote:no matter what i do to change the search algorithm people always complain.

this is whats coming in 1.5.5

product filters
extension and vqmod installer
auto updater
improved installer / upgrade script

1.5.5. when released ? i'm waiting..

Post by Daniel » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:42 pm

its going to be a while. i am nearly finished updating the documentation system. my next mission will be continue the development of opencart.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator