Post by Johnathan » Sun May 20, 2012 10:50 pm

Daniel wrote:also going to add credit card option to the extension section instead of having just paypal. i think this will boost sales quite a lot.
That sounds like a great idea. I hate having to use PayPal, because they require you to use your PayPal balance before you can use a credit card, so you always have to withdraw everything if you want to use one.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by bigchili » Mon May 21, 2012 12:51 pm

Johnathan wrote:
Daniel wrote:also going to add credit card option to the extension section instead of having just paypal. i think this will boost sales quite a lot.
That sounds like a great idea. I hate having to use PayPal, because they require you to use your PayPal balance before you can use a credit card, so you always have to withdraw everything if you want to use one.
Can't you change the payment method so that it charges your credit card directly instead of pulling from your account balance?

Also, sometimes when making a purchase I will fill out the "Don't have a PayPal Account" section even though I do. PayPal will give some screen that says "It appears you already have an account with us. Do you want to sign in or continue to make this payment without using your PayPal account?" or something like that. I select "continue without using account" and it will only charge my credit card and not deduct from my PayPal balance.
Last edited by bigchili on Mon May 21, 2012 1:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post by bigchili » Mon May 21, 2012 12:57 pm

Daniel wrote:I need to boost the amount of money opencart is making before hiring more than 2 developers.
My old workplace use to hire part time workers to save money. They could hire 2 or 3 part time for the cost of 1 full time. Not sure the employment laws in Hong Kong, but where I worked part time employees weren't eligible for benefits such as health insurance and annual bonuses, and they only got an hourly rate instead of a salary. Most of the time they would still work the part time employees full time hours... :-\

Post by Johnathan » Mon May 21, 2012 11:19 pm

bigchili wrote:Can't you change the payment method so that it charges your credit card directly instead of pulling from your account balance?
No, you can't. The credit card option will not be available unless the balance won't cover the payment. PayPal ALWAYS makes you use your balance.
bigchili wrote:Also, sometimes when making a purchase I will fill out the "Don't have a PayPal Account" section even though I do. PayPal will give some screen that says "It appears you already have an account with us. Do you want to sign in or continue to make this payment without using your PayPal account?" or something like that. I select "continue without using account" and it will only charge my credit card and not deduct from my PayPal balance.
When I've tried this in the past, it wouldn't let you use the same credit card that's tied to a PayPal account. I'll give it another try next time to see if that's changed.

Administrator

Post by bwingwing » Mon May 21, 2012 11:25 pm

Couldn't believe, you are living in HK. That's super great office view, Daniel.

If you know the address in HK, we don't need post code. Please make opencart that post code is not mandatory.

Thank you for your consideration in advance!! ;)

Post by bigchili » Mon May 21, 2012 11:42 pm

Johnathan wrote:When I've tried this in the past, it wouldn't let you use the same credit card that's tied to a PayPal account. I'll give it another try next time to see if that's changed.
They must have updated it cuz I've only got 1 credit card and it's tied to my PayPal account and I can still make payment with it if I fill out the "Don't have a PayPal account" section.

Post by Johnathan » Tue May 22, 2012 2:20 am

bigchili wrote:
Johnathan wrote:When I've tried this in the past, it wouldn't let you use the same credit card that's tied to a PayPal account. I'll give it another try next time to see if that's changed.
They must have updated it cuz I've only got 1 credit card and it's tied to my PayPal account and I can still make payment with it if I fill out the "Don't have a PayPal account" section.
Great, thanks for letting me know.

Administrator

Post by H2O » Wed May 23, 2012 3:11 am

I think that office has TOO nice a view. There should be nothing more visually interesting than what's on the computer screen so that developers don't get distracted and daydream. Someone standing behind them with a whip helps too! ;)

A good site for e-commerce advice.

H2O

Post by bbcentral » Thu May 24, 2012 11:23 pm

The new office looks great! It's amazing how much a nice place to work will boost your motivation and productivity :)
Daniel wrote:I need to boost the amount of money opencart is making before hiring more than 2 developers.
Having some help with developing is definitely going to make your life easier, everyone can contribute new ways of solving problems and come up with more robust solutions. But you're also welcome to ask for support from the community, there's plenty of developers here too if you need assistance with code cleanups and SQL optimization.

In the next few days I'm going to post some code (probably as a vQmod for now) that can generate a nested list of categories using a single SQL query...including product counts, and it supports going infinite levels deep, unlike the current code which seems to do multiple SQL queries (30 categories = 30 queries to get the subcategories, plus 30 queries to get the product counts).
We could sell it as an extension, but we'd rather just contribute it back to the OpenCart core so it can be easily rolled out when we upgrade all our client stores. No charge, because it would be beneficial to us and our clients (saving us money and frustration if it breaks something).

I was on a forum today and someone asked for recommendations for ecommerce software. OpenCart wasn't even mentioned until page 7...let's all change that :)

OpenCart enthusiast
PHP/MySQL/jQuery Developer

Post by Avvici » Mon May 28, 2012 12:35 pm

Sweet view man. Congratulations!

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC

Post by hbg » Tue May 29, 2012 12:36 pm

Looks great. I hope your house doesn't look like this? ;D
http://www.weirdasianews.com/2009/11/21 ... literally/

Opencart Version 1.5.1.3
https://www.opencart.homebrewinn.com.au/shop/

hbg

Location - Newcastle NSW Australia

Post by arames » Wed May 30, 2012 1:46 am

Hi Daniel,

congrats on your new office.

As for the payment, why dont you simply offer MONEYBOOKERS payment along side PayPal, they can process Credit Cards for you and over 200 other payment method in just 1 place.

You really dont have to do much since they will do all the payment work for you and is 100% safe.

Just take a look at their payment options:
https://www.moneybookers.com/ads/mercha ... t-options/

Of course they charge you 0 to open an account and 0 monthly fees ect ... I really can NOT think of 1 negative review during my 3 years dealing with them.

Warm regards,
Arames T.

Post by chilledworld » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:02 pm

arames wrote:Hi Daniel,

congrats on your new office.

As for the payment, why dont you simply offer MONEYBOOKERS payment along side PayPal, they can process Credit Cards for you and over 200 other payment method in just 1 place.

You really dont have to do much since they will do all the payment work for you and is 100% safe.

Just take a look at their payment options:
https://www.moneybookers.com/ads/mercha ... t-options/

Of course they charge you 0 to open an account and 0 monthly fees ect ... I really can NOT think of 1 negative review during my 3 years dealing with them.

Warm regards,
Arames T.
I am very surprised to find someone who has had a good experience with Moneybookers.

I used Moneybookers for a year until I realised that they were not processing approx 50% of my payments. The customers were told that their cards were invalid. I checked some of the cards with another payment system and they worked without a problem.
After working out how much money I had lost because of Moneybookers I cancelled my account, it then took me 3 months to get my money out of my account and they only released my money after I threatened them with legal action.

I can only imagine Moneybookers has changed its name to Skrill because of its bad reputation.
Try sending them a message about problems with your account and see how many days or even weeks it takes to get a reply.

Save your self the stress do not use Moneybookers (Skrill)

P.s Love the new office
Brian.

Post by arames » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:25 am

Hi,

we process around 8000 orders a month, we are using Moneybookers because not only it offer credit card payments but also Bank Transfer and local payments in ALL major countries, this was actually the MAIN reason we chose them.

The team was actually very kind and even offered us a tel support for the first steps to make sure everything is working .. been now around 3 years now.

Of course we also offer PayPal payment since some people still prefer PayPal, but the rate is clearly towards Moneybookers local payments.

Warm regards

Post by opencart-templates » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:34 pm

Daniel wrote:I have signed a contract today to rent out an office.

after this i will hire some developers to give full time support in the forums and via email. They will also be doing marketing.

These are the pics from the office window.
Well done you deserve it after all the effort you have put into Opencart.

Absolute wicked view, why would you ever want to leave the office. I bet it will look just as good at night too.

Advanced Professional Email Template
Customers Pre-Sale. Inc abandoned cart email
Order Follow-Up Email. Inc request review
Email Validation with ZeroBounce

Location - UK

Post by JFOC » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:57 am

wow amazing Hongkong.
If my worked I will go to China on July or August ;D ;D

Post by tdaubs » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:15 am

Daniel wrote:the city is hong kong...
How do you like it there? That's a pretty big culture change from UK.

Opencart Support . Opencart Galaxy . Buy Me a Coffee?

Location - Southern California

Post by sabir nayer » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:44 am

wooow Daniel. you're living in HK. That's supert office view ;)

hi

Post by zchong1022 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:33 am

Nice office view, not sure public can visit the office on any day? :)

Post by Burt65 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:05 pm

Daniel wrote:the city is hong kong.

support will be improved a lot.
Does this mean that to buy extensions we can now pay with HKD instead of USD? :banana: ;)

Keep up the good work and thanks for constantly improving OC.

Over 95% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair...

Location - Oz