Post by JCO » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:43 pm

Alexisander wrote:Any news guys? I can't sleep :D
I know that I'm not the one you want to respond to your inquiry ... but I get the feeling Daniel is doing some heads-down coding ... so I think he & Q are doing their best!!!

JCO

Post by arch72 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:20 am

i think more help is required, the pace of the work for a project of this size is really slow. It would certainly quicken the time to fix bugs and upgrades. Yes they work bloody hard, but working smarter is what is needed, they really need to sort the internal structures, get some help, get organised. This thing is going to explode soon really needs a bit better more professional approach to this rather than the constant stand off between owner/developers and wider user base.

said it before great cart, great community great developers........much needed internal improvements, will make this a killer cart.

Post by a shit of a time » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:35 am

i2Paq wrote:
a shit of a time wrote:Okay guys I'm all confused. Understanding only two things so far. Lots of people are a bit p*ss*d off and there is a new release coming.

But I have two questions regarding this new release when it gets here.

Firstly reading i2paq
SVN - What is that? How does it work?
Secondly This bit about running 1.5.2 not affecting files for 1.5.3 (something like that) My question: I'm still running 1.5.1 does it mean I must update to 1.5.2 then get the 1.5.3 when it's ready and that I won't be able to go from 1.5.1 to 1.5.3 ???

I really would appreciate someone clarifying these for me.

Thank you

SVN.
The SVN can be accessed by using TortoiseSVN for Windows and RapidSVN for Mac's.
To connect to it use

Code: Select all

https://opencart.googlecode.com/svn/trunk
This will probably change when the way the SVN is setup is changed with the release of 1.5.2!!

If you are running 1.5.1 you should wait until 1.5.2 is released and stable, then upgrade.
If, lets say 1.5.3, is released you can then decide to upgrade to it, if 1.5.2 works for you then there is no need (because 1.5.2 will be stable).
okay i'm running 1.5.1.1 is this the one I am meant to be running. Just confirming. :crazy:

Post by fido-x » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:16 am

Current version is 1.5.1.3.1

Modules for OpenCart 2.3.0.2
Homepage Module [Free - since OpenCart 0.7.7]
Multistore Extensions
Store Manager Multi-Vendor/Multi-Store management tool

If you're not living on the edge ... you're taking up too much space!

Expert Member

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by Alexisander » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:55 pm

Hello again, i have downloaded and instal opencart 1.5.2 from svn, the test version, one thing i wanna ask. In admin panel there is no order edit... wont be or ...? or it will be?

Thanks

Post by i2Paq » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:57 pm

Alexisander wrote:Hello again, i have downloaded and instal opencart 1.5.2 from svn, the test version, one thing i wanna ask. In admin panel there is no order edit... wont be or ...? or it will be?

Thanks
There is, look closer / better.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by Alexisander » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:06 pm

U sound like a wise old man... guide and listen the wind... let me look :|

Post by Alexisander » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:10 pm

I've made an order... and i dont see the order edit button. where is it? :|

Post by Ulf » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:28 am

Alexisander, what is the URL address to download trial version of v1.5.2?

Ulf

Post by Alexisander » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:53 am

This: http://code.google.com/p/opencart-beta/ ... on_810.zip

Its from svn, beta revision, not final ofc. But still cand find the order edit, to add a product, delete one, change number of items... from an order...

Post by markman-b » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:26 am

Go to:

- System
- Settings
- Edit
- Option

Check the value for Order Edting

You should see an "Edit" link in the "Orders" Window.

OC version 1.5.4.1

Post by Brook » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:55 am

Instead of having to check the Google SVN (which if I understand correctly is not really Production Ready code, mainly Developer, Work in Progess Code)...Would there be anyway that we can get back to OpenCart users posting the code necessary to add a particular enhancement to their OpenCart Install. Example How to add the Admin Order Editor?

Example:
Add (this code) to (this file)
Replace (this code) with (this code) in (this file)
Remove (this code) from (this file)

Instead of having to wait for the next release of OpenCart, why can't we just have someone post the code changes that need to be made to add the Order Editor to their OpenCart 1.5.1.3 install or any OpenCart enhancement for that matter. We have all been patiently waiting for the next release of OpenCart. Between releases why can't we get back to posting solutions?

Just seems more interactive. The OpenCart Forums used to operate this way. Don't know what happend. Users would post code for a particular enhancement. OpenCart users would try the code out and provide feedback. Can we get back to that? Just does not make a whole lot of sense to wait and wait and wait and wait, never knowing when the next release is really going to happen.

Please take this post as constructive and not in anyway is meant to be taken negatively. Just makes more sense to get back to having a more interactive OpenCart Forum, where OpenCart solutions are posted on the Forums instead of the Google SVN.

Can someone please post the code enhancements necessary to add the Admin Order Edit?

Post by arch72 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:39 am

Alexisander wrote:This: http://code.google.com/p/opencart-beta/ ... on_810.zip

Its from svn, beta revision, not final ofc. But still cand find the order edit, to add a product, delete one, change number of items... from an order...
thanks for this, greatly needed, will have a play, i am sure its not finished, but a start at least .

Thank you

Post by jty » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:42 am

Brook wrote:Can someone please post the code enhancements necessary to add the Admin Order Edit?
when I last looked a few days ago, the order edit is still not yet operational, so no, the code can't be posted yet as it would lead to a flood of bug posts on something that is not yet finished.

I agree with the pain of having to wait, wait, wait. I wish, I pray that we can at least have a bug fix as my install is starting to look like I'm running Vqmod with Open cart as an extension :choke:

But we have to be patient. I had a look at order edit and it's not easy. I got so confused just looking at the tables. It's not easy so I appreciate why it's taking what feels like forever.

I've reached the point of being so desperate that I even re-tro fitted the order edit from 1.4 into my 1.5 :choke: and got it work except for options. I even went back to version 0.7 to see if I can steal some code. Yer, I'm desperate :laugh:

Having said that, the fastest way to get order edit (and the cheapest) is to buy the Edit Order in Extensions. There's one there for something like 40 bucks. Cheaper than waiting these months. But that don't give me bug fixes.

jty

Post by bull5-i » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:21 pm

Currently the product views counts every page refresh no matter who views the product.
Wouldn't it be more meaningful to not count the page loads of logged in admin personnel? This way the viewing statistics would reflect more accurate picture.
In case the current implementation was intentional, then leave it be and we'll just add a vQmod "fix" to it. Otherwise it coould be "fixed" in core.
Last edited by bull5-i on Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

|V|355 \/\/17|-| 7}{3 |3357, ... [you know the rest]

Commercial mods: New! Questions & Answers PRO - Admin Quick Edit PRO - Product Downloads PRO - Custom Product Tab PRO - New! Product Quick Edit Plus

All mods & extensions by me

Post by arch72 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:21 pm

Hello,

Please help.

I want to set up my site now and am not sure what to do.

I understand that current uploaded 1.5.1.3.1 is the version with the bugs,
I understand that these bugs have been corrected on the SVN version.
I also understand that the SVN has new features which are still in development.

Does anyone have a updated 1.5.1.3.1 version with the bug fixes corrected?

Happy to use this version until 1.5.2 is completed, then released, the bug fixed etc, this will take SOME time.
So i think it would be better to run my store via 1.5.1.3.1.

Please help, had a look at the bug thread and there have been a lot of fixes, I would be most greatful if anyone has a fairly bug free 1.5.1.3.1 that i could use.

Thank you

Post by Ulf » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:14 pm

Like arch72 I cannot wait for v1.5.2 and want instead use a bug free v1.5.1.3.1.
Please, help me with url links to the updated files.

Ulf

Post by Ulf » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:38 pm

Daniel I hope you'll answer to me important question.
Why do you not have packages with bug updates or even simpler
url links bug updates.
It feels as you think that when the program is free so can we also spend
hours and days to search in svn.
I'm not interested in OpenCart for it is free, I like the shop for it easy to work in.
I have none interest in spend hours to learning and check all as happend in svn.
Should I do it would OpenCart be an expensive shop to use against many other shops.
For me and many others OpenCart users is time equals with money.

Ulf

Post by Alexisander » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:25 pm

As i've tested the 1.5.2 version so far, i wanna say that is uber-cool, few bugs but it is indeed a major change. GRATZ. Sad coz there is no layered navigation/filtered search :(. But maybe in the future there will be... Any time period for the official release?

Post by Daniel » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:05 am

nearly finished guys.

i don;t like leaving the svn with great bugs but some changes need to be committed just in case hd dies. the order editor is virtually finished. i need to sort out some validation issues with it.

after that iots just a matter of refixing some of the parts i've changed that shouldn;t have been changed.

after this release. i don;t think opencart needs any more new features added. i'm going to concentrate on bugs, optimization and documentation.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator