Post by Daniel » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:49 am

Quite a few changes in the latest version.

Added:
Automatic Currency Updater
Special Prices
New Shipping Modules
New Payment Modules
More Icons on the frontend

You can view the SVN to view the full number of file changes.

http://code.google.com/p/opencart/source/detail?r=82

To Upgrade:
1. First off backup your site.
2. Download a backup of your database.
3. Delete the files in your hosting directory
4. Upload the files from the download.
5. Go through the install as normal.
6. Once the install is finished import the database you backed up.
7. Goto the image directory from the backup and copy all the image and upload to the image directory on your hosting.

Administrator

Post by mal-schauen » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:08 pm

Ist this an joke? 3 Days after 1.2.4 and now this on GoogleCode:
This revision affected a large number of files. Only a subset of 50 changed paths are being shown. To see all changed paths, use the svn log command-line.
Should we now looking for all the changes themselves?

This is all very cumbersome.

Alles für die Anwendung im deutschen Sprachraum
Hier gehts zum deutschen Forumbereich

Location - Germany

Post by tifosi » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:47 pm

Indeed. Unless you want a product abandoned by the masses and spiralling out of control an adequate changelog must be provided in the downloadable zip.

SVC is a developer tool NOT an end user tool. Normal users should not have to wade through code to see what's changed.

S

Post by foxyred » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:54 pm

Hi Daniel,
I found out that your 3 files are 0 bytes... means they are just empty.. in the zip archive I downloaded.
they are
bank_transfer.php, cheque.php and money_order.php

from admin\controller\payment.

So far I encountered this 3 files. Not sure if there are still some more out there.

Post by molly » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:53 pm

I was looking forward to an inclusion of an offline credit card payment module in the new version.
OpenCart would then be perfect for our use.

Unfortunatley, i'd need to start studying your code to try to add it in.
A small feature such as this would be much appreacited by small business and non-profit organisation
like ours.

Still it is an excellent application, easy to navigate, packed with a lot of features expecially with the paypal payment (which unfortunately we can't offer to our shoppers)

Wish i could use it immediately, hope you would conside including the offline credit card feature soon.
I'm sure it will be even more popular if included.

Post by mal-schauen » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:53 am

@tifosi

It is clear to me the SVC is a developer tool. That you need not tell me. I do indeed finally enough for the German Opencart. And so I will now move with the current version of OpenCart. What did you do here is so nice to get a position? I try the German language package as current as possible. And if here within a week for at least 3 versions, you always have to rewrite most of the files. Do you?

Alles für die Anwendung im deutschen Sprachraum
Hier gehts zum deutschen Forumbereich

Location - Germany

Post by Qphoria » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:29 am

You guys seem to forget this is an actively progressing, and still extremely new cart. There are lots of changes that need to be made. All too often you feel that just because there is a new version that you must quickly upgrade. If your store is working fine already, then wait until things calm down before upgrade.

Administrator

Post by halalan » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:32 am

New to this forum and to OpenCart, however being a person who works with a few CMS sites and trying to keep them updated.

I agree with a few others, why constantly put out new version so quickly. I know its exciting each time a new idea gets added into the core, but it gets to a point where its impossible to keep up a site where a person has made some small customizations if the CORE keeps changing so rapidly.

I find its much easier to have a workig RELEASE for a site, and when alot of new items have been integrated making it worthy for a upgrade, then release a new version with clear and easy upgrade instructions so those with a live site can make the migration easier.

I can't see how a new update every few days is helping.... call it a BETA version so those who enjoy beta testing and debugging can implemet it and post info. But please hold off for a new release and by all means make it so its somehow easier to UPGRADE and exhisting site !!!!! We are not all programmers but alot of us know enough to make minor changes and stuff.

My 2 cents !!!

Helping Each Other With Knowledge....
WHPOA.NET CTOA.NET CEMETERYTN.COM

Location - U.S.A.

Post by Daniel » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:22 am

OpenCart is not beta and not really for end users.

It is a developers tool. Its a starting point for web companies who want a system they can modify to their clients requirments.

To be honest the latest version is pretty feature packed now and I won't be adding any more new features for a while.

There are 2 minor things to do such as correct the zones list and change the incorrect order status display for the admin > home page. I think these problems can wait.

My next job is to finish the shipping and payment modules I have added in. Then write a user guide.

Administrator

Post by halalan » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:27 am

Well Its a great shopping cart system, I have been trying out, much easier to teach a small business person how to login and set up products and categories which is what I was looking for and happy to find it here. It's the ADMIN section that I find makes it stand out especially like I said when a small business person wanting to sell goods is needing to use it and may not be a very TECHNICAL person.

Also, I am not a person who writes code but can set up sites, (install and configure) and install plug ins and make small modifications to give that customized look to a site. I do it mostly for a hobby!

Has anyone here used the CMS called XOOPS? This open cart would make a great (module) to add to that CMS as well as the others discussed on the forums too.

Helping Each Other With Knowledge....
WHPOA.NET CTOA.NET CEMETERYTN.COM

Location - U.S.A.

Post by Nahuel » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:06 am

Daniel wrote:OpenCart is not beta and not really for end users.

It is a developers tool. Its a starting point for web companies who want a system they can modify to their clients requirments.

To be honest the latest version is pretty feature packed now and I won't be adding any more new features for a while.

There are 2 minor things to do such as correct the zones list and change the incorrect order status display for the admin > home page. I think these problems can wait.

My next job is to finish the shipping and payment modules I have added in. Then write a user guide.
This means that this is the last "quick" update? Or you plan to release 1.2.6 in a few days? This is just a question because I have to start to develop a few commerce sites next week, and to see if I wait just a couple of days or start asap :D

Post by Daniel » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:34 am

If I do release another version in the next few days it will be because of a important bug.

Administrator

Post by ewebbed » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:53 am

Sorry but I've searched for this on the form with no luck.

I upgraded to OpenCart 1.2.5 and clicked install on the new Payment Methods:

- Cheque
- Bank Transfer
- Money Order

But they all give me permission denied when I click on the edit link? Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,

James

Post by Daniel » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:59 am

They don't work because it says in development next to them.

To view the pages you need to goto user groups and set the permissions.

Administrator

Post by ewebbed » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:09 am

ah ok

It's just that they said 'ready' next to them, so I thought that they were 'ready'. Weird?

Cheers,

James

Post by Daniel » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:29 pm

OOP's sorry i forgot.

Administrator

Post by molly » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:56 am

Hi Daniel,
there is a transaction inconsistency in the paypal module.
An email confirmation of the order is sent to the customer, even before the
transaction is completed and processed in Paypal.
Transaction should only happen after payment is made in Paypal
otherwise, it's not a transaction at all.

Customers will freak out if they receive a confirmation order via email even before they have
completed the transaction.

Post by Daniel » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:06 am

molly wrote:Hi Daniel,
there is a transaction inconsistency in the paypal module.
An email confirmation of the order is sent to the customer, even before the
transaction is completed and processed in Paypal.
Transaction should only happen after payment is made in Paypal
otherwise, it's not a transaction at all.

Customers will freak out if they receive a confirmation order via email even before they have
completed the transaction.

We had a conversation about this before. PayPal is not as good as you think. There are many web hosting companies who configure there servers incorrectly and block paypals IPN. If that is the case you will lose the order information and the mail will never be sent.

It might be better if I change the text to indicate that the order will be shipped upon confirmation the payment has been recieved.

Also don't forget that sometimes you have to wait 7 days for the payment to be taken from some ones bank account.

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:15 am

halalan wrote: Has anyone here used the CMS called XOOPS? This open cart would make a great (module) to add to that CMS as well as the others discussed on the forums too.
xoops is soooo last week!

Administrator

Post by MarkF » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:17 am

Hi Daniel,

fresh installation of 1.2.5 (decided to start again & document my mods properly!).

Create an account.
Look at 'My Addresses' and in addition to my address, I see an address that isn't mine (it's yours actually).

I then create another account, and I can see other addresses and yours also shows up twice.

Is this a bug, or do I need to delete the data that's already there (just from the install)?

Regards
Mark :)