Post by rlec » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:04 am

That seemed to work just fine - thanks for prompt reply and accurate info

Post by levon » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:19 pm

Can't find in admin Layout section like it is on image here http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23130
Only Layout section where i can add/edit layout name, store and route.

Post by ehandelsfabriken » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:09 pm

Any info on when we can expect a 1.5.1 release of OC?

I'm using OpenCart 1.5.1.3

Post by Xsecrets » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:30 pm

levon wrote:Can't find in admin Layout section like it is on image here http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23130
Only Layout section where i can add/edit layout name, store and route.
That idea was scrapped shortly after it was conceptualized there in those screenshots. There was some problem or other with making it work right.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by dannyfoo » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:06 am

dannyfoo wrote:Just installed v1.5.0.3 and I've uploaded 2 new banners after the default Samsung. Renamed them Banner 1 (Samsung), Banner 2 (Cheese) and Banner 3 (Red chair).

But the slideshow loads; Banner 3, Banner 1 then Banner 2.

Advice on how-to make the banner load in order would be very helpful. Thanks. :)
Did you experience problems with the banner order as well? ???

I'm trying to understand where I went wrong and how to resolve this problem please.

Post by platypuspuzzles » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:45 pm

Hi Daniel, can you give us an idea of when the upgrade script will be available?

Post by Xsecrets » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:07 pm

platypuspuzzles wrote:Hi Daniel, can you give us an idea of when the upgrade script will be available?
well Q is working on that and he's currently on vacation, so I wouldn't expect it right away.

Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by WebDev22 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:51 pm

Where do I go to edit the home page? I'd like to reduce the width of the slider and add a column off to the right of it.

Post by Xsecrets » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:54 pm

WebDev22 wrote:Where do I go to edit the home page? I'd like to reduce the width of the slider and add a column off to the right of it.
for the slider you would edit the slideshow module and change the dimentions. then for the column on the left you simply pick whichever module you want to show in the left column edit it and make sure there is a module for home page with position left column.

Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by rlec » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:13 am

I have a number of options available for a particular product, but if I click add to cart after options are selected the total price is only for the options - it does not add in the original cost of the item. Is there a setting I've missed?

Post by salebrale » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:32 pm

Hi,
After the name of each category there is a number that shows the quantity of products. But the thing is I don't want that number to show. What needs to be done to change that?
Thanks

naocare

Post by Xsecrets » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:07 pm

salebrale wrote:Hi,
After the name of each category there is a number that shows the quantity of products. But the thing is I don't want that number to show. What needs to be done to change that?
Thanks
There is no admin setting. It has to be done in the code. If you want to know how search the forums there are several posts about it.

Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by salebrale » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:58 pm

Xsecrets wrote:
Thanks
There is no admin setting. It has to be done in the code. If you want to know how search the forums there are several posts about it.
Yes, there are some posts that explain how to show the number and that's for older version of opencart, but i want the opposite - NOT to show because in new opencart the number shows automatically. The reason is I don't have enough products yet so I don't want people to see that.
I'm not a php programmer so I don't know what to change in the code.
Any help will be appreciated.

naocare

Post by grgr » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:02 am

salebrale wrote:
Xsecrets wrote:
Thanks
Yes, there are some posts that explain how to show the number and that's for older version of opencart, but i want the opposite - NOT to show because in new opencart the number shows automatically. The reason is I don't have enough products yet so I don't want people to see that.
I'm not a php programmer so I don't know what to change in the code.
Any help will be appreciated.
Edit ../catalog/controler/module/category.php.

Find this line:

Code: Select all

'name'        => $child['name'] . ' (' . $product_total . ')',

and make it look like this:

'name'        => $child['name'],

Find this line:

'name'        => $category['name'] . ' (' . $product_total . ')',

and make it look like this:

'name'        => $category['name'],

Save and upload,

Job done.

-
Image Image Image Image
VIEW ALL EXTENSIONS * EXTENSION SUPPORT * WEBSITE * CUSTOM REQUESTS

Location - UK

Post by salebrale » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:54 am

@grgr
Thank you that's exactly what I needed, however I need a little bit more help because the number in top menu bar is still showing (when category expands).
thanks again

naocare

Post by Xsecrets » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:59 am

also if you are going to remove that do yourself a favor and comment out the product_total line a few lines up it will greatly speed things up if you have lots of categories and products.

Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by cmebd » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:55 am

Just as a matter of interest and help - it would be nice if Subject matter contained something that was relevant to the post/query. "Re: OpenCart 1.5.0 Released! is meaningless at the moment because the latest version/sub is somewhat higher than that - and as noted in some posts - people are sent to search the forum for issues that do not relate to the current version and could end up doing some radical damage to an install. Messing about with code for 1.5.x with 1.4.x solutions.

We are able to add or replace the actual subject matter when responding and it would help those who are looking for a soloution to find related posts.

Cheers

See this post has a subject matter that refers to the contents/query >:D

A stupid question is the one you -don't- ask.........(Anon)

)C1.5.0.1 (IN devel)
OC V1.4.9.5
OC V1.4.9.2
OC V1.4.7
OC V1.3.4

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by i2Paq » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:49 pm

cmebd wrote:Just as a matter of interest and help - it would be nice if Subject matter contained something that was relevant to the post/query. "Re: OpenCart 1.5.0 Released! is meaningless at the moment because the latest version/sub is somewhat higher than that - and as noted in some posts - people are sent to search the forum for issues that do not relate to the current version and could end up doing some radical damage to an install. Messing about with code for 1.5.x with 1.4.x solutions.

We are able to add or replace the actual subject matter when responding and it would help those who are looking for a soloution to find related posts.

Cheers

See this post has a subject matter that refers to the contents/query >:D
You wished Sir? ;D

Please check new topic title.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by Daniel » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:40 am

there is already a bug thread that is called 1.5.0.5

i don;t think we need more. only for major releases do we add to the main news section.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by cmebd » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:48 am

Daniel,

Yes agree wholeheartedly, was not suggesting that another forum be created however each of the posts in this forum/topic don't need to carry the "main" topic title.

Am not entirely sure whether you were responding to my/i2Paq's post or something else? This is the issue. Sometimes responses to questions don't get answered for a couple of days so it is difficult, if all posts have the same subject matter, to understand without looking through countless posts, what some responses refer to or alternately some posts could be referring to any amount of previous posts on various subjects.

As an example the post below looking for info on Category/Product quantities - if it had something that referred to the question in the subject matter - then those responding could "reply" to that particular post and then all the suggestions pertaining to that subject would be recognisable. Alleviating quotes (that bulk up the response).

Yes there is always search - but that doesn't necessarily help for the majority of the time as posts don't necessarily refer to the 1.5.0 version. Another example would be to search for your post where you released 1.5.0.5.

Cheers

Try looking for the post where 1.5.0.1 and other incremented versions are announced......

A stupid question is the one you -don't- ask.........(Anon)

)C1.5.0.1 (IN devel)
OC V1.4.9.5
OC V1.4.9.2
OC V1.4.7
OC V1.3.4

Location - Tasmania, Australia