Post by gocreative » Wed May 18, 2011 7:31 pm

I've had this conversation with Daniel and Qphoria many times. The communication is only effective at the time of each release; in between releases, there's very little. The roadmap needs improvement and should be used as an indicator of upcoming releases, rather than this 'tomorrow' and 'soon' business. It would help stop the constant questions and eliminate the need to reply to everyone who does ask.

Post by jayfkay » Wed May 18, 2011 8:01 pm

agree... though, could someone please answer ME in regard to

[FEATURE REQUEST] product price input WITH or WITHOUT TAX

thank you

Post by imadam » Wed May 18, 2011 8:27 pm

jayfkay wrote:agree... though, could someone please answer ME in regard to

thank you
do yo mean prirce with tax added, and price without tax added that still needs to be? the downside to this is what happens when tax changes?

my opencart carpet cleaning woking guildford and Office Cleaning Services in Guildford

Location - Surrey

Post by gocreative » Wed May 18, 2011 8:41 pm

jayfkay wrote:agree... though, could someone please answer ME in regard to

I too would like this, but this isn't a topic for feature requests.

Post by twiggy » Thu May 19, 2011 9:06 pm

A project of this size he will always be running into extra bits or errors that you simply can not plan for, it wil lbe ready when its ready. Don't forget this will be only a RC version as well so I can't see what the rush is ???

Post by Daniel » Thu May 19, 2011 10:14 pm

you can download the svn version if you want.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by kingx » Fri May 20, 2011 2:45 am

Is there a easy way to use options, when adding items, maybe like a tick off or drop down or something. so I don't need to keep going back to see what the options are, may be a mod or something

Post by imadam » Fri May 20, 2011 2:58 am

kingx wrote:Is there a easy way to use options, when adding items, maybe like a tick off or drop down or something. so I don't need to keep going back to see what the options are, may be a mod or something
firstly i don't think this is the thread for ideas. also do you mean a way to hide options you don't need to fill in so you only see the ones you need making it quicker to edit? i like the idea doubt it'd be hard to add a mod or even as standard in system options select which you want to see

my opencart carpet cleaning woking guildford and Office Cleaning Services in Guildford

Location - Surrey

Post by kingx » Fri May 20, 2011 3:18 am

imadam wrote:
kingx wrote:Is there a easy way to use options, when adding items, maybe like a tick off or drop down or something. so I don't need to keep going back to see what the options are, may be a mod or something
firstly i don't think this is the thread for ideas. also do you mean a way to hide options you don't need to fill in so you only see the ones you need making it quicker to edit? i like the idea doubt it'd be hard to add a mod or even as standard in system options select which you want to see
Be able to see all the options but you can check/add the ones you want/need, instead of going back and forth checking the names you need then typing them in

Post by kidicarus44 » Fri May 20, 2011 12:47 pm

Hi all, I'm looking into using OpenCart but have learned that there is no affiliate functionality available in the latest 1.4 versions. Would it be possible to take the affiliate code/files from 1.5 and incorporate it into the latest 1.4 code? How much reconciliation between the affiliate 1.5 code and 1.4 code would be required? No need to go into details - I would just to know whether it's worth a try, or if it would require a major overhaul of the 1.5 affiliate code.

Post by i2Paq » Fri May 20, 2011 1:41 pm

kidicarus44 wrote:Hi all, I'm looking into using OpenCart but have learned that there is no affiliate functionality available in the latest 1.4 versions. Would it be possible to take the affiliate code/files from 1.5 and incorporate it into the latest 1.4 code? How much reconciliation between the affiliate 1.5 code and 1.4 code would be required? No need to go into details - I would just to know whether it's worth a try, or if it would require a major overhaul of the 1.5 affiliate code.
Not possible.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by QNAP » Fri May 20, 2011 7:26 pm

Daniel

Can you please tell us when RC2 will see the daylight? Thank you!

Post by dony_b » Fri May 20, 2011 9:40 pm

From what I can see I think the full version of 1.5 will not be ready anytime soon so I will just start building the 1.4.9 and then upgrade.

Location - Boston, MA

Post by gocreative » Sat May 21, 2011 9:27 am

dony_b wrote:From what I can see I think the full version of 1.5 will not be ready anytime soon so I will just start building the 1.4.9 and then upgrade.
I think this is a wise move for anyone to make at this point in time (unless you have a project with no particular deadline). Version 1.5 will no doubt be a fair while off yet (at least a month or two) so use what works now.

Post by yrshopping » Sat May 21, 2011 9:41 am

i visit opencart.com every day in order to see final vision for 150, so hope you can release 150 soon and I will keep eyes for your forum every day.

Post by cartpro » Sat May 21, 2011 11:30 am

twiggy wrote:A project of this size he will always be running into extra bits or errors that you simply can not plan for, it wil lbe ready when its ready. Don't forget this will be only a RC version as well so I can't see what the rush is ???
This project is no bigger than 50 developer project yet we need to work with the plan. Any project without a plan will not fly. A good developer should be able to estimate atleast 50% correct timeline.

If you work for a company, you cannot say it wil lbe ready when its ready.

Extensions: Multi-vendor extension
Shipping Modules: SuperShip Pro

Multi-Vendor Marketplace:Opencartmarketplace.com
IceCat to Opencart: Import millions of IceCat products to Opencart

Post by gocreative » Sat May 21, 2011 11:39 am

cartpro wrote:This project is no bigger than 50 developer project yet we need to work with the plan. Any project without a plan will not fly. A good developer should be able to estimate atleast 50% correct timeline.

If you work for a company, you cannot say it wil lbe ready when its ready.
I agree. There should be firm timelines (padded, of course) which are met most of the time. If it turns out they're not being met very often, more padding is required. That's what communication is all about. Many people (store owners, customers, developers, designers) rely on good information so they can make business decisions based on that. Again, I really think there needs to be a dedicated page on the OpenCart website which lists what will be in the next version and its expected release date, as well as what is planned for each future version. Not only does this help the aforementioned stakeholders, but it acts as a guide to help the OpenCart team stay on track and not be tempted to slip in extra functionality with each release. Make it as incremental as possible so that people aren't left waiting for months on end for the slightest bug fix.

Post by i2Paq » Sat May 21, 2011 1:38 pm

This is a FREE product so why do you complain about the fact that the release of 1.5.0. is not there when YOU want it?

Again nagging and complaining is all this topic turns in to.

One more question about release-dates, roadmaps or anything slightly like that and I will delete all those reply's!

Norman in 't Veldt

Global Moderator

Post by opencartisalright » Sat May 21, 2011 3:08 pm

i2Paq wrote:This is a FREE product so why do you complain about the fact that the release of 1.5.0. is not there when YOU want it?

Again nagging and complaining is all this topic turns in to.

One more question about release-dates, roadmaps or anything slightly like that and I will delete all those reply's!
I think it's kinda foolish that the mods are going around locking/deleting every thread where people bring up anything to do with the release date. If people want to bitch than let them bitch. Isn't that just part of a forum? Instead of locking or deleting threads, someone could actually take the time to address people's complaints (in a non sarcastic/insulting way).

That's why you get all these 3rd party websites that are bitchin about OC because you silence all of the bitchin here. Better to deal with it here and try to diffuse people's complaints in house vs. having them go off and dedicate a whole website to how they think OC sucks.

I'm just saying...censorship sucks.

Post by i2Paq » Sat May 21, 2011 3:53 pm

opencartisalright wrote:I'm just saying...censorship sucks.
Censorship is something else then asking not to constantly ask for release-dates.

And yes, we will delete 100x questions in one topic about a release date if the topic is not about that and when we have already 100x asked not to ask that question.

What about "don't ask" is it that people do not understand?
opencartisalright wrote:having them go off and dedicate a whole website to how they think OC sucks.
I think no one really cares about people who did not get what they want and then just think they have something to say and dedicate a website to their own wining.
Last edited by i2Paq on Sat May 21, 2011 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Typo's

Norman in 't Veldt

Global Moderator