Post by kingx » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:21 pm

i also agree, I think opencart should have a better theme,
I think it could do with just a bit more color,
use a few icons so it simple to fine things bookmark, checkout cart ,

top menu
Home | Bookmark | Special Offers | Gift Voucher | Wish List (0) | Contact Us | Sitemap Currencies: Your Language:
should be improved,
I don't think you need all links, well I don't think it should be there at all.

Post by Qphoria » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:23 pm

sivvaa wrote: May be I still prefer 3 column layout...
It is a liquid template. If you add modules to the right column on the home page, it will become a 3 column

Administrator

Post by glenns » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:25 pm

Ok , been tweaking the CSS, wont keep posting everything, just doing borders, radius etc on the boxes, added some css for the list view too

you can see it here : http://cart.ezpage.co.uk (it's a home testing server so don't expect high speed)

or just copy and try the css http://cart.ezpage.co.uk/catalog/view/t ... esheet.css

Post by glenns » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:28 pm

Qphoria wrote:It is a liquid template. If you add modules to the right column on the home page, it will become a 3 column
Its a fantastic template , very easy to play around with (one of the main things that attracted me to opencart )

I don't think it needs much work since it is so fluid, it's down to the end user to customise.

Post by imkayc » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:34 pm

Really thanks alot!

Post by hopuphobbies » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:05 pm

Congrats for the new version.. I'm looking forward to use all the new features but I love the v1.4.9.4 template .. I really hope I can stick with the current template but at the same time using the new features of v1.5.0

Post by Moggin » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:23 pm

Qphoria wrote: It is a liquid template. If you add modules to the right column on the home page, it will become a 3 column
It will? :o :D <awestruck!>
===============

- Now...since Daniel's asked about appearance: one small thing I'd change is the update - continue - checkout button position in the cart. This has been mentioned already, so here's another vote for placing them directly under the cart & totals - not under shipping estimator (which is great BTW) and discount coupon.

If people want discount and shipping estimator they'll look for them, but you don't want them hunting for the checkout/update buttons (a la Sunshop, lol).

Post by Daniel » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:52 pm

Moggin wrote:
Qphoria wrote: It is a liquid template. If you add modules to the right column on the home page, it will become a 3 column
It will? :o :D <awestruck!>
===============

- Now...since Daniel's asked about appearance: one small thing I'd change is the update - continue - checkout button position in the cart. This has been mentioned already, so here's another vote for placing them directly under the cart & totals - not under shipping estimator (which is great BTW) and discount coupon.

If people want discount and shipping estimator they'll look for them, but you don't want them hunting for the checkout/update buttons (a la Sunshop, lol).
I can do that.

if anyone has a better idea how to fit so much on to the cart page please do a mockup

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by marcelwoo » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:13 am

kingx wrote:i also agree, I think opencart should have a better theme,

top menu
Home | Bookmark | Special Offers | Gift Voucher | Wish List (0) | Contact Us | Sitemap Currencies: Your Language:
should be improved,
Sorry if I am being offensive, but the current theme is good enough.
Check out those sites like eBay and amazon or walmart, do they have those little icons listed beside the anchor text? No.
Anchor text without unnecessary icons gives a site a formal,commercial and modern feel.
One thing to kept in mind before beginning your website design and considering its style is to decide whether it is personal or commercial . You do not want to make your buyers think your website is like a personal blog, right?

"We help each other to grow". That's the opencart community!

All free mods
Home Based Ebay business Opportunity(not ads)

Post by hopuphobbies » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:27 am

marcelwoo wrote:
kingx wrote:i also agree, I think opencart should have a better theme,

top menu
should be improved,
Sorry if I am being offensive, but the current theme is good enough.
Check out those sites like eBay and amazon or walmart, do they have those little icons listed beside the anchor text? No.
Anchor text without unnecessary icons gives a site a formal,commercial and modern feel.
One thing to kept in mind before beginning your website design and considering its style is to decide whether it is personal or commercial . You do not want to make your buyers think your website is like a personal blog, right?
agree

Post by Oneilus » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:46 am

Hi all!
Very good job guys this new version looks much more like an OS cart system.

I have a request for you, I use a lot the Options for my products.
When I have to enter a new product I know the default price and the Option1 price

So why to have an Option system which require to calculate the difference between Option1 and default price?

It could be very easy to enter the final price for each option directly instead of choosing +/-

I don't think to be the only person having the problem but it takes my time each time.

Post by poshook » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:55 am

Is there any option for horizontal menu that I saw in the past as the default? I prefer it against vertical one

https://www.youtube.com/@Then_

Post by QNAP » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:09 am

Great work Daniel!!

How about the design of the new Mega-dropdowns menu that we could see in OpenCart 1.5.0 *ALPHA* Demo ?

Did you made it into a separate module to be enabled/disabled ?!
Re: Sneak Peek: OpenCart 1.5.0 *ALPHA*

Postby Chones » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:58 am
For those not sure about mega drop-downs, Jakob Nielsen, THE usability guru, gives them his seal of approval, and thinks they are much better than drop-down menus:
http://www.useit.com/alertbox/mega-dropdown-menus.html

However, they have to be done correctly:

http://www.useit.com/alertbox/mega-menus-wrong.html

Post by maperdel » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:13 am

I really like the design and new features 1.5 has...the only thing I dont' like is the tabs, IMHO they have to go..

Glenss did a good job tweaking the css, you should take his modifications.

Congratulations and thanks again for your hard work!

Zapatos Andrea - Andrea Zapatos

Post by szucsati » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:31 am

Guys,

I found OpenCart just a few days ago, and we'll definitely use it. It will serve our ~100 stores when they order accessories (photocopy paper, bags, stickers etc.). So there won't be a massive load, but we need to get it running in about a week, two max. There will be little modifications me need to make on the system to make it fit the requirements.

Would you recommend us to start using v1.5 RC, or should we stick to the stable release? I have tried v1.5, seems quite stable, although as I'm very new here I don't know how quickly bugs get fixed etc. So, stable or beta? What do you suggest?

Thanks.

Ps.: Well done guys :ok: , I've tested most of the available free web-shop systems and OpenCart is waaaaay above all. Clean, nice, logical, modern. Only thing I miss so far is a proper plug-in/extension system.

Post by Xsecrets » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:32 am

poshook wrote:Is there any option for horizontal menu that I saw in the past as the default? I prefer it against vertical one
QNAP wrote:Great work Daniel!!

How about the design of the new Mega-dropdowns menu that we could see in OpenCart 1.5.0 *ALPHA* Demo ?

For those not sure about mega drop-downs, Jakob Nielsen, THE usability guru, gives them his seal of approval, and thinks they are much better than drop-down menus:

from what I can tell the horizontal mega menu simply got dropped.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by Xsecrets » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:40 am

szucsati wrote:Guys,

I found OpenCart just a few days ago, and we'll definitely use it. It will serve our ~100 stores when they order accessories (photocopy paper, bags, stickers etc.). So there won't be a massive load, but we need to get it running in about a week, two max. There will be little modifications me need to make on the system to make it fit the requirements.

Would you recommend us to start using v1.5 RC, or should we stick to the stable release? I have tried v1.5, seems quite stable, although as I'm very new here I don't know how quickly bugs get fixed etc. So, stable or beta? What do you suggest?

Thanks.

Ps.: Well done guys :ok: , I've tested most of the available free web-shop systems and OpenCart is waaaaay above all. Clean, nice, logical, modern. Only thing I miss so far is a proper plug-in/extension system.
depends if you are a competent developer you would probalbly be safe starting with 1.5.0 As you can see from the bug post there are quite a few show stopper bugs still present, but I imagine those will be ironed out in a few days and new RC released. I would guess that within couple of weeks there will be a release, but it will still be a .0 release and there will certainly be some bugs missed. If you don't have a problem dealing with bugs that crop up then you can start with 1.5 particularly if the project requires some of the new features.

As for the plugins yes that can be a problem, but I imagine it will be addressed in the 2.0 timeframe, but for now if you make all your mods using vqmod it can keep things rather painless.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by Qphoria » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:41 am

Oneilus wrote:Hi all!
Very good job guys this new version looks much more like an OS cart system.

I have a request for you, I use a lot the Options for my products.
When I have to enter a new product I know the default price and the Option1 price

So why to have an Option system which require to calculate the difference between Option1 and default price?

It could be very easy to enter the final price for each option directly instead of choosing +/-

I don't think to be the only person having the problem but it takes my time each time.
I think we can add an "=" prefix and when that prefix is used, the option price will be used as the full price

Administrator

Post by Oneilus » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:01 am

Qphoria wrote:"=" prefix and when that prefix is used, the option price will be used as the full price
Yes that's exactly what i need.
Would be very useless and a gain of time.
I hope this will be in the final release

Thanks!

Post by poshook » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:02 am

Xsecrets wrote:
poshook wrote:Is there any option for horizontal menu that I saw in the past as the default? I prefer it against vertical one
QNAP wrote:Great work Daniel!!

from what I can tell the horizontal mega menu simply got dropped.
It is a pity :(

https://www.youtube.com/@Then_